"thecat" in on-line dating handles

monkeyFlower

Does anyone know what's up with "thecat" as part of OKC user names? A few weeks ago, I went on two dates with someone whose username was [His first name][some numbers of unknown meaning]["thecat"]. Last night I was chatting with someone whose username was [short form of his first name][another short form of his first name]["thecat"]. And this morning I woke up to a message from someone whose username was [short form of his first name]["thecat"][two digit representation of his birth year].

I'm wondering if this says anything about their personality or if they think women really like cats. Any thoughts on this?

Does anyone know what's up with "thecat" as part of OKC user names? A few weeks ago, I went on two dates with someone whose username was [His first name][some numbers of unknown meaning]["thecat"]. Last night I was chatting with someone whose username was [short form of his first name][another short form of his first name]["thecat"]. And this morning I woke up to a message from someone whose username was [short form of his first name]["thecat"][two digit representation of his birth year].

I'm wondering if this says anything about their personality or if they think women really like cats. Any thoughts on this?

okcupid also sometimes offers suggested usernames if the one they want is taken; thecat might be one of their additions, like taco or inabox.

Someone came up with the idea. Other users saw it, and now it's becoming fashionable. Sort of like man buns, or skinny jeans, or yoga pants.
Well, I was going to get some breakfast, but now I've lost my appetite. I will start believing in God the moment he intervenes to abolish those three terrible fashions.

I will say "thecat" is a lot better than the 10,000,000 "asaurus" women I came across during my OLD escapades.

Someone came up with the idea. Other users saw it, and now it's becoming fashionable. Sort of like man buns, or skinny jeans, or yoga pants.

Let's add "jeggings" to that list, along with wearing pajama pants out in public.

I've never seen "thecat" as a user name. Guess I've been lucky. But if I did, I would pass. So unimaginative and hokey!

Archived