LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attracted to 40yr old Boss

Attracted to 40yr old Boss

Hi, Hope you're doing well. I am 26yr old working with an MNC. I am dating 1 guy since past 4 yrs, very serious and we love eachother a lot. Planning to get married in a year or so. My love life with him is quite sorted. I have never dated any1 other than him. Basically i am not into guys much in dat sense. Still, after so many years of commitment and being clean-minded all these year, i am finally attracted to 1 wrong person badly. He is my Boss- managing director of d company, a big shot man, married having 2 kids. He too is kinda classy family person, very well mannered. I joined this company 2 yrs back n i always had a soft corner for him. Earlier i used to ignore, thinking i am young n such attractions happens, but its been 2 yrs n m still not over it. Maybe coz i have a feeling dat he too is having dat same strong feeling for me n he too is controlling it, like me. He do flirts wit me sometime n compliment me which apparently makes me blush even in presence of other staff. Initially i thought its just a sexual attraction bt somehow we both care fr eachother, look aftr things, d way he luk at me, d way he talk 2 me, is not just ordinary. There is a connection. Apparently all this is wrong, very wrong. I am losing my control day by day. I sometime think of leaving my organization bt in India no company is gonna provide me such a good package with so much of flexibility n perks. Do i have any other option? I cant share dis wit my guy. Probably this is d only thing, i am hiding from him. Being good all these yrs losing dis way is so wrong. I really dont wanna look like a , i get sexual fantasies about him, sometime i wonder if he is thinking d same n at d same time i give my full attention love n Care to my guy. Its all a big mess in my head. The worst is i was imagining my boss while being intimidated wit my guy recently. That hit me hard n i felt vulnerable later on. Its disgusting from my end. Please help me out before it screw up my entire life.

Please don't use net speak on here!
    Makes it very hard to read for non native English speakers like myself.....

Platinum Member
    You are not ready for marriage, nor should you do be in a relationship if you can't contain yourself or have self control. Sorry.

You also have very poor mind control. You dwell on this attraction and keep thinking about.......of course your feelings will grow and develop.

While in a relationship it's YOUR responsibility to keep these type of thoughts away from your brain or deflect them.

I think it's human to feel attraction for someone of the opposite sex even if you are in a greet committed relationship. I know lots of people who say things like "I really love my husband, but man so-an-so is hot!" I don't think it's wrong to have these feelings but it's how react to them that makes all the difference. It seems like for a while both you and the man in question were just letting these thoughts pass through and not really living in your head or your heart....just a fleeting thought here or there. If you're starting to fantasize though that signals that thoughts of him are sticking with you. If you love your boyfriend and he loves his wife the best thing to do is to cut this out of your life. If you can't move to a different company can you seek out a different position within your company where he would not be your boss and you would have very little reason to interact with him? If that's not an option you need to just tell him that he needs to stop whatever it is he's saying to you that "makes you blush" he needs to treat you just like the other associates because you know he loves his wife and it's starting to feel inappropriate.

A woman who's sexually attracted to her boss?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAT???????

You get over it like the other billion do. I'm certain 99% of these signs of attraction are simply your imagination. You need to change your mindset and make work about work.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DoF
    You also have very poor mind control.
    The force is weak with this one.

OP - like j.man said, you're not alone in being attracted to your boss. Not sure what the dude looks like as to his level of hotness, but he's in a position of power, which women tend to be attracted to. Just recognize, nothing can ever come from this.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by John John
    The force is weak with this one.

OP - like j.man said, you're not alone in being attracted to your boss. Not sure what the dude looks like as to his level of hotness, but he's in a position of power, which women tend to be attracted to. Just recognize, nothing can ever come from this.
    End even if it does, dating a married man with kids will turn out dandy I'm sure.

Even better, let's say he dumps his wife for OP..........you end up with a cheater. Like he won't do that to you in the future.

Not sure about the "force" comment though....

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DoF

Not sure about the "force" comment though....
    Star Wars bro. Was attempting humor

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=John John;6511951]Star Wars bro. Was attempting humor

Even though I grew up during Star Wars era.....I never cared for it or got into it. Thx for clarifying it though.

Sk3101....Please use proper grammar when posting. "Dis, dat, luk, coz" are not words and can result in difficulty in understanding your questions. Please review the posting guidelines in regards to any questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice