Mutual attraction, but it's distance. Don't know what to do...

Sunnyy

I've known this girl for a few years now. We first met as volunteers where we worked together for 2 months. We've always shared a special connection, mostly because we have similar attitudes and perceptions of life.

We message each other frequently and often exchange words of an elevated nature; related to our own personal development and outlook on life. I won't go into too many details in order to retain our anonymity, but due to our identical beliefs, we don't date people unless we have the intention of getting married. This is the main reason that I take what we have so seriously.

Last night while lying in bed, I was thinking about 'us' (not in a lustful way) and I experienced this feeling of ecstasy which I've never felt before. I went light headed and my heart felt as it had expanded. I don't know what exactly those physical reactions represent, but It was a very good feeling.

I just don't know what to do now. We live on the other side of the country (40 hour drive) so we can't just hit the town and have a coffee together. I understand it to be extremely important to spend time together in a physical sense so we can get a better idea of how we function together. More complications arise in that we're not the type of people to stay at one another's houses or to publicly announce our relation. On top of that, the reality of visiting one another on the other side of the country doesn't make our situation any easier.

We haven't even told each other about our feelings. She did invite me join her half way through her trip overseas.. that was a little excessive I thought..

I haven't asked her out because I'm scared of rejection? Worried about the commitment and not being able to satisfy her? I don't know if I'm ready? I can't leave this for much longer.. I've been there before and it will just fizzle away into nothingness.. + she's older than me and frankly,might move on if she's not 'bound' to me..

It would be so much easier if I got a job in her town. That's unrealistic though

One of my friends fell in love with a woman on a different continent. Then he realized: he chose her in part because she was unavailable for anything further than LDR, and that enforced distance kept him safe

If you are truly available for physical and emotional intimacy, you are going to have to live reasonably close to one another.

Let this one go.

Archived