It's a boy!

Heather Dawn

Thanks to blood tests they now offer, we've already found out we're having a boy! (And unlike going by an ultrasound, the blood test is 99.9% accurate because it looks for the Y chromosome - if it's there, it's a boy; if not, it's a girl.)

I'm so excited! I knew it was a boy from the moment I found out I was pregnant, but everyone we know was sure it was a girl. Ha - mom knows.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations! You will love being a mom and boys are fun to raise. If you have any tomboy in you at all you will now have an automatic reason to indulge in the good stuff like horseback riding, hiking, every ball sport you can find, and more. Added bonus, if you're a bit girly and sometimes miss it your boy will have girls who are friends, and kid sisters of their friends, and if you befriend the family you can take those girls shopping and indulge in mani-pedis and shopping with them.

It's an adventure regardless, have fun, and this is wonderful news. Enjoy! I wish you all life, love and more happiness than you can stand.

I'm happy for you and I don't want to pop your bubble but please don't put all your love and excitement into it being a boy. My friend thought the same as you through blood tests and she had a girl. Wait until the ultrasound that clearly shows that he has "dangly bits" before you buy boy stuff or paint the nursery blue.

Congrats on the whole expecting thing for sure.

Best wishes!! I knew it was a boy by the time I was about 8 weeks and was thrilled despite having always wanted a girl (and when I got pregnant all I wanted was a healthy baby). I love being the mom of a boy and realize I am probably better at parenting a boy. To be sexist, I guess, I am bad at matching socks, doing hair and related girlie stuff. Then again I have a friend whose 3 year old boy routinely picks dresses to wear (he has a twin sister).

LOL Batya! I'm thinking I may make a better boy mom, too - though I'm not sure why I think that. And, like you, I am more concerned with a healthy baby - but knowing the gender is so fun!

Thank you, everyone!!!

ThatwasThen, for the most part they're very accurate - but even if they're wrong, that's OK! I'm much more concerned with a healthy baby than which gender it is.

Congratulations! You will love being a mom and boys are fun to raise. If you have any tomboy in you at all you will now have an automatic reason to indulge in the good stuff like horseback riding, hiking, every ball sport you can find, and more. Added bonus, if you're a bit girly and sometimes miss it your boy will have girls who are friends, and kid sisters of their friends, and if you befriend the family you can take those girls shopping and indulge in mani-pedis and shopping with them.

It's an adventure regardless, have fun, and this is wonderful news. Enjoy! I wish you all life, love and more happiness than you can stand.

Thank you!!!

Dear Heather Dawn,

Congratulations! You are in for so much fun!! Boys are a blast! My sons are 19 and 16. They have taught me how to execute the variety of kicks used in soccer; how to ride scooters, skateboards and longboards; how to play video games; how to use their gaming controllers to get to Netflix and Hulu; how to rap; and so much more! Because they love to talk to me, I am always hearing about life from the guy side. It's very helpful!

May your pregnancy go really smoothly, and may you have an easy and safe labor and delivery.

I am so happy for you and the daddy-to-be!

Youareworthy

Dear Heather Dawn,

Congratulations! You are in for so much fun!! Boys are a blast! My sons are 19 and 16. They have taught me how to execute the variety of kicks used in soccer; how to ride scooters, skateboards and longboards; how to play video games; how to use their gaming controllers to get to Netflix and Hulu; how to rap; and so much more! Because they love to talk to me, I am always hearing about life from the guy side. It's very helpful!

May your pregnancy go really smoothly, and may you have an easy and safe labor and delivery.

I am so happy for you and the daddy-to-be!

Youareworthy

Thank you! It sounds like you have a great relationship with your boys - I hope I'll have the same with mine!

• 1 month later...
I'm happy for you and I don't want to pop your bubble but please don't put all your love and excitement into it being a boy. My friend thought the same as you through blood tests and she had a girl. Wait until the ultrasound that clearly shows that he has "dangly bits" before you buy boy stuff or paint the nursery blue.

Congrats on the whole expecting thing for sure.

Just wanted to update you - had our 20 week scan today and he is most definitely a boy...LOL

Yup, that's a boy!

My son was Mystery baby until he was born because he would not cooperate any of the nine ultrasounds that I had. He would just roll up into a ball and turn his back.

LOL! That's hilarious! He was just shy.

By the way, this is his sweet little profile...I'm so in love:

]

Archived