Confused87AF

Around 4 weeks ago, I was at Crossfit waiting for a class when a girl entered the gym. She asked me if I was waiting for the 7:30 class and I told her I was. We got talking and it became clear we had a lot in common with regards to hobbies and interests and work life. She was telling me about her boyfriend and that he was currently away snowboarding for 8 weeks. I thought nothing of it and commenced with my class. During the class I saw her looking over a lot. But being Crossift, people watching for heavy weights, so again…didn't really think too much in to it.

I messaged her Facebook and soon after I received Facebook contact from her and we got talking some more. We arranged to meet for a drink as she told me she was interested in my work and wanted to join up some time soon. I'm still at this stage just thinking friends, no more, no less.

We met for a drink and had a chat, and I dropped her back home. She asked if I wanted to go in for a brew, and I declined. But this did make me a little suspicious.

Soon after I receive more contact and she invites me round for a brew to talk about work some more. About an hour in to this, she steals my car keys and hides them down her top and tries to make me wrestle her for them. I did a little, but then stopped. Feeling a little awkward.

We meet around 2-3 times more after this, and during the meets she starts with hand holding and unnecessary touching. I tell her by text, that I just want to be friends.

She agrees to this.

A week later I attend her house and out of the blue, she kisses me. I can't lie, this girl is cute. I end up kissing her back and one thing leads to another. We fool around, and a few days later sleep together.

I started getting emotionally attached to her, and feel guilty about what was happening, so I ended things. I also asked what this meant for me and her in the long run and get told pretty much that she's staying with her boyfriend, and I'm nothing more than a distraction with regards to sex.

I've ended it completely at this point. She tells me by text message she needs me in her life and wants us to be friends. Foolishly I agree. We've been to the cinema a few times, and ended up kissing and so I ended it again.

I waited a week, didn't contact her pretty much at all. She tells me she still wants to be friends and asks if we can reset and start over. Again, I agree, because I do now enjoy being with her and miss her when we're not talking and were not together. At the same time though, I'm feeling awkward and used.

We go out bowling, watch a movie at the cinema and yet again end up getting close, leading to hugs and kisses.

I am this point confused. I feel sick knowing that he is coming soon and I will lose her completely and things will change. Yet I also feel a little guilty.

What do I do? Do I tell her boyfriend about us cheating? Do I deserve her? Does she deserve me? I feel quite lost, can anyone enlighten me on what I have written?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived