Too many things piling up at once.... I feel like I'm spiraling down.

alizajm

I started my first semester at college in September. Making friends has been incredibly hard, but I managed to make an incredibly close friend who I basically did everything with. Recently, she has attempted suicide, due to drinking on her antidepressants. So, now she's away at a rehabilitation center for a month (at least) where I cant visit her or talk to her. I also just found out i have contracted genital herpes, something I'm terrified to deal with in terms of my romantic life. It has destroyed a great deal of my confidence, and made me incredibly sad. I have to be away at college with my best friend gone, out of communication, dealing with a new STI, and loneliness both in my romantic life and friendship life. I just feel so overwhelmed. This has easily been some of the hardest few months, and I don't know how to get myself out of this emotional turmoil. I just feel like I'm falling apart, when all I want is to be happy and have a good outlook on life. Not to mention the stress of all of this is making me breakout like crazy, further diminishing my self esteem... Any help would be appreciated, any ideas of how I can turn my negative emotions around.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived