Can exes who have a child together drive eachothers car?

Sarah3000

Just wanting to know peoples opinions on this?

Been messaging someone who has a child and wouldnt ever meet me in person (lives local to me) anyways last night as coming home from work he was parked near my house in the baby mothers car he got out and so did his mate ran up to a house for like 30 seconds and ran back in the car, im sure he saw me but not positive and then drove off the other way , just thougt to myself it was odd him driving her car? Bascially im asking is he still with her because he was driving her car??

I'm confused. So you have never met this guy in person, yet you know what car he drives, and even more weird, you know what car his baby momma drives?? How is that possible? Besides, shouldn't you be more worried about him being local to you yet refusing to meet you in person, than him possibly driving his ex's car?

Who knows who you're messaging with...maybe it's not even the guy you saw in the car, maybe someone is using his picture...or maybe it's the guy and he is very married.

Something is not right.

Because i live in an area where everyone knows everyone kinda thing its a small town, so these things yes u would kind of know as you see the people around, yeh something is weird ur right he always asks to meet me and then when it comes down to it he bails and then says i hold a grudge, so when he was near mine driving his baby mums car i was like that explains it because he has a gf?

Just wanting to know peoples opinions on this?

Been messaging someone who has a child and wouldnt ever meet me in person (lives local to me) anyways last night as coming home from work he was parked near my house in the baby mothers car he got out and so did his mate ran up to a house for like 30 seconds and ran back in the car, im sure he saw me but not positive and then drove off the other way , just thougt to myself it was odd him driving her car? Bascially im asking is he still with her because he was driving her car??

I think the fact that he wouldn't ever meet you in person is a bigger red flag then what car he is driving.

Never keep investing in someone that won't meet you, wont take you out in public or keeps you a secret. Redish, Redder, Brilliant red flags.

Ignore him should he contact you again.

They are allowed to drive each other's car if they live in the same house a d had Cheerios for breakfast. Together.

I can imagine a car traveling between the households with custody transfers, where the adults don't need/have/want a car of their own. The only reason I own a car is kids; I wouldn't need one otherwise. If their father were similarly inclined, I wouldn't mind having had arrangement of trading a car back and forth with custody.

Yeh i know he let me down half hour before meeting me and it wasnt exactly the first time it had been arranged so now i feel like he is embarrased of me 🙈 Red flag indeed! Just want a reason why really and seeing him in her car kinda brought 2 and 2 together...... Its insulting he was always the one mainly asking to meet me and just wouldnt? So weird! But lesson learnt, he just kept on messaging for attention/ego boostin, tho if we was being shallow he isnt all that but the way he made me laugh through messaging made me find him attractive

My ex was taking my daughter on a road trip, and his car doesn't have winter tires on it...so I traded him cars for the weekend. I wanted my daughter to be safe.

Like everyone else has been saying...that he doesn't want to meet with you again is more telling. I would block him and move on- this guy is a waste of time.

He's probably still with his baby mama, as evidenced by why he won't meet up with you and you guys have barely any in-person contact even though you're close.

The car thing itself wouldn't be bothersome IF you two were actually together, he was a good committed partner, and there was a valid reason (ie safety, more room for more people, someone is getting their car fixed, whatever).

I also wanted to add - when you date someone who has a child or two, it's expected that they will be in contact with the other parent. I'm not just talking texts or calls about the kids, they may be exchanging money, they may swap cars for kid-related stuff, etc. It depends on the dynamic and custody issues there, also work schedules and whatnot.

So you have two choices: you can either accept this or just not date parents.

But he has his own car?

It might be in the shop. He may be taking hers to the shop. I don't find it that unusual. I attend a lot of my son's events with my ex in the same car. It's just logistics and practicality. Parents need to be parents long after the divorce is over. And sometimes that means parenting together, or sharing resources.

Yeh i know he let me down half hour before meeting me and it wasnt exactly the first time it had been arranged so now i feel like he is embarrased of me 🙈 Red flag indeed! Just want a reason why really and seeing him in her car kinda brought 2 and 2 together...... Its insulting he was always the one mainly asking to meet me and just wouldnt? So weird! But lesson learnt, he just kept on messaging for attention/ego boostin, tho if we was being shallow he isnt all that but the way he made me laugh through messaging made me find him attractive

He won't meet you and he stood you up? Why are you wasting another second on him?

Look, if a guy promises to do something and doesn't, especially so early on, you simply drop him and walk away. Don't ever let anyone drag you around like that. Who cares why they might be doing it. It's irrelevant. The only thing relevant to you is that you boot people like that out of your life immediately.

Yea and he asked me again to meet but i couldnt face it for another let down so he says i hold a grudge, it is honestly the weirdest thing i have ever experienced as a guy who expresses interest and says lets meet up, well simply has? The whole thing has been games from day 1 and he never met me and let me down last minute with a ty excuse, thanks guys for all ur responses, he is now blocked!

Archived