Not sure what to do

twinkletoes93

My bf and I have been together for a little over a year. We live together and sometimes send each other naughty pictures. I send way more than he has say 15 of mine to 1 of his. Well recently he's been sending a lot more pics and somewhat avoiding me at home or being overly nice. I noticed that the pictures were a few weeks old based on location and clothing. Well I got this gut feeling that he had been swapping naughty pics with others. So I asked had he been swapping photos with others and he said no. Said he only sends them to me and that I'm the love of his life. I said ok and we moved on. No big issue right? Well I grabbed the laptop today to do some Web surfing. His email was open and I saw there were multiple emails from a man I've never heard my bf speak of. I clicked and wished I hadn't. There were videos and pictures of this man having sex with multiple women. I Google the guys name and he's local. It looks as if my bf forgot to delete these emails bc he clearly has been emptying out his sent box. I feel like now there is more that he's lying about. He's always absorbed in to his phone, tablet, or laptop recently. Should I confront him about the emails? I know it's not good to snoop but my gut feeling was validated that something was going on. If he'll lie about this, what else is he lying about? Please help. I'm so down.

You will get all sorts of conflicting views on the subject of invading someones privacy here.

But I will jump in here and say something that not everyone will agree with.

I was going thru an ugly divorce and I checked up my husband because I had some valid reasons for concern.

Of course when I found out my instincts were right and I brought them to his attention, we could never seem to get around to discussing what I found, because his

issues took center stage because I 'snooped'. Convenient, right?

We took this our marriage counselor and her words went something like this: "If given enough probable cause for someone to suspect something bad and the offender doesn't offer it when confronted and isn't forthcoming with the information that helps the offended make a decision in their own self care, then all bets are off when it comes to someone checking up on you"

So I said it.

You'll likely get a lot of responses to this common question.

If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have looked. I would have trusted myself enough to leave before hand. But at the same time I am not going to beat myself up over it either.

You need to do what's right for you. . good luck

came back to add:

What's the point of having a discussion with him now?

It's now apparent that he engages in some shady sexual stuff and possibly isn't honest about it.

You didn't trust him for probably good reason.

Not sure what there is to talk about.

You get to decide whether this is indeed a deal breaker behavior or not.

You can't put cat back in the bag now.

Archived