Closure?

Medus88321

My boyfriend of six months, who I always knew was kind of distant and he was kind of a "bad guy" to date. It's my own fault because I knew he was not the best guy to go into a relationship with but we seemed to just kind of end up really liking each other and more recently I thought maybe I might even love him. Until he randomly told me we should break up and I found out it was because he was also in a serious online emotional relationship with some girl in Denmark. He even admits he will never meet her and they will likely move on, but with that thought he still would rather leave me then tell her the truth that he's been seeing someone for the past six months leaves me feeling like none of it meant anything. He knows if he tells her he will lose both of us so he won't. I'm just a spiteful angry mess right now and I don't really know what's what anymore. I hate him but I still have insane feelings for him. I just feel like I've been in a constant state of anxiety and panic without rest, I'm so exhausted.

He's not worth your love or your anxiety. He'd rather be in a cyber relationship then a real one. That's some messed up dude. Be glad you are free of him and if need be, get to your doctors for something mild to alieve your temporary anxiety over the shock and disappointment of finding out the guy you fell for is a NUT.

Right. This guy wants to live in fantasy land rather than invest his time with you? Speaks volumes of his character. He's not on the same level as you, OP. Thankfully at six months you don't really have a whole lot of time invested. Time to break camp and get some miles on those boots. This one is over.

Why beat yourself up? You knew he was a bad guy for you to date, and you proved yourself correct. Nothing 'wrong' with that. Most of us have needed to walk through a door marked 'no' in order to show ourselves why we won't want to do that again.

So now you get to observe your own ego having a temper tantrum because you couldn't change a wrong match into a right one. I'd take from that the lesson that I only want to invest my time in potential matches who are good for me, and I'll allow wrong matches to pass early.

That's how we ALL learn not to invest in wrong matches, and this moves us out of our own way in order to stumble across the right one someday.

Head high.

Archived