hey guys

I would like some help with my CV. I asked for proffessional advice and They said it is good but It needs more detail of the work I did. Can anyone help me put my old job into CV wording?

I worked in a gold buying store for 3years as the manager but I wasn't managing people as it was a small store so I was just in charge of the store, customers, sales, advertising and some small bits of paperwork on word/excel/email etc I dealt with large sums of money and precious metals and negotiated sales on pricing etc I also trained new employees for other stores. I worked on my own inititiative mainly without supervision and I negotiated sales based off a guide given to me by my boss. The aim was to keep my daily average price per gram under a certain amount which I achieved and was always top 3 in the country (which meant more profit). I also was given extra responsibility by ringing other employees to check on their sales daily and type all this up. I represented the company in court after an armed robbery took place also so there was a lot of responsibility. It was important to uphold a professional appearance of the store and myself at all times as we didn't want to be associated with a pawn shop or some of the other businesses/competitors. And I built up a regular client base over time and generated new local business through word of mouth. I gained the publics trust and many customers would only deal with me. If I was away and someone else was covering me, sales would be much lower etc

I would appreciate some help putting all this on paper. Thank you

Hi - first find out if they want a CV or a resume. CVs are more common in Europe and in academia and they tend to be several pages long. A resume is 1 page long. You can use the resume template if you have word or any other program to build your resume. You can google examples online to try to get an idea of how others with similar experience have made a resume.

Archived