Should I ruin my ex's life?

monica85

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would be the point?

Why don't you take the high road and move on?

He was so so so so so so so in love with me and then he got married and he stopped talking. we stopped talking for 6 months but then one day I accidentally called him and it was an accident

Yeah, accidently.

I think you should focus on stopping runing YOUR life by engaging with a man that's in a relationship.

What lead you to this point? Sounds like you are troubled.

And no, you should not ruin ANYONE'S life.....that won't do him or you any favors.

Re evaluate yourself and figure yourself out. Clearly you have some deep issues you need to address. Focus on yourself ONLY. It's the only thing withing your control.

Good luck

But he has ruined my life. I felt like he lied to me every single day. He gave me anxiety and depression. And now he's so happy in his life.

No one knows how he feels except him. He could well be miserable. Thing is, it doesn't matter. You just have to work on healing you.

I can pretty much guarantee trying to destroy his life will end up harming you as well.

I think most of us have that desire for revenge at some point.

But ultimately after some time has passed I think we look back and feel shame for having lowered ourselves to that level and acted out.

There is something to be said about taking the high road, challenging yourself to live your life respectfully and not have regrets for your actions. You do this for yourself.

It's one of many things you can do to raise your self esteem and self respect.

Ride the urge out. . it will pass.

Use all that energy you have right now on working on yourself. . not hurting others.

How do you know he's happy? You have no idea how happy/unhappy he is.

Do you really think his cheating won't come to bite him in the butt eventually? You don't even have to do anything, he'll get his when the time is right.

The only thing you need to do is focus on yourself and on not repeating the same mistakes again.

But how can he be happy after ruining my life?

Stop playing a victim. Nobody ruined your life but YOU. By engaging with him, you ENABLED Him to do whatever.

DO NOT PLAY VICTIM. You are an adult and had a choice. You made a POOR choice and now have to deal with consequences. You can go ahead and read 1 million stories of women or men that get involved with people in marriages or relationship. 99.999% of the time they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Blame NO ONE but yourself!

It's really bothering me

What's really bothering you is YOURSELF. And rather than focus on yourself you focus on other people around you to blame. Completely normal human trait (not a healthy one mind you).

The issue is YOU. Why did you get involved with a married man? Even if he was to leave her, do you really think he would be "faithful" to you? He would just do the same thing he did to his wife.

You got involved with a cheater, so you would end up with one.

You dodged a bullet and should be thankful if anything.

Best thing you can do is LEARN from it all! And change/never repeat the same mistakes. It's also the ONLY thing within your control.

He didn't ruin your life, taking hat stance is very self defeating and dramatic. Yes he hurt you. But you actively engaged in this when you knew he was married.

Focus on moving forward and figuring out why you sought attention from someone you knew was unavailable.

You ended things 5 days ago, it's normal for you to feel hurt. This will take a good amount of time to get over.

Distract yourself! Go for a run when he's on your mind, or write down a list of things about him that turned you off. Reflect on why you allowed yourself to get into this situation and what to look out for next time.

Throw a pity party for 5 minutes and then force yourself forward.

Archived