Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: A struggle with self doubt

A struggle with self doubt

Hey guys, been talking and seeing this girl for A while now. Get along very well and always have a laugh. My only problem is she was last with a guy much older than me, this has kinda brought a mass of self doubt upon myself. The feeling I can't give or provide some things an older guy that isn't a student could haha. It's really effecting me and my mindset. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar feeling and how you dealt with it. Shes the same age as me by the way and we have a lot in common, maybe I should just shut up and try enjoy it haha

Don't ever compare yourself to someone else. Play your own game - in life, work, friendship, always.

The ex was better than you in some way. You are better than him in some way. And bettef, in this context, means " a better match for her".

She's with you now, enjoy your time together.

Platinum Member
    If he's so great why is he an ex?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by diddums
    Hey guys, been talking and seeing this girl for A while now. Get along very well and always have a laugh. My only problem is she was last with a guy much older than me, this has kinda brought a mass of self doubt upon myself. The feeling I can't give or provide some things an older guy that isn't a student could haha. It's really effecting me and my mindset. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar feeling and how you dealt with it. Shes the same age as me by the way and we have a lot in common, maybe I should just shut up and try enjoy it haha
    Yes, but it's simply not healthy thinking. You don't know why she dated an older guy and are filling in the missing information with speculation and mind reading.

Look at it as if you never knew about the older guy. That would be, I think, the healthy and realistic way to approach it.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice