Would a guy stare if he wasn't attracted?

nikkinoodles

There is a guy I work with, we were loosely friends for years but the last few months we have been getting on a lot better and I developed a crush on him.

Now I thought I was picking up signs he might have liked me back but other than staring, the other signs cud just be passed off as friendliness.

this staring- full on intense not looking away, almost serial killer staring.

then he started flirting with another girl, so I decided to move on, im

feeling quite healthy about it, but he is staring again- not quite serial killer this time but still staring a lot especially in conversation, even when others are in the room.

with this other girl he does seem to show obvious attraction signs, and i don't get any except for the staring? Which I don't think he does with the other girl?

so yeah I was just wondering if he would be staring if he wasn't attracted?

When a guy wants to be around you.......it usually means they want you.

A man will not seek out a friendship from opposite sex otherwise.

Since he is your co workers I would tell you to not engage in ANY kind of relationship. OR you will end up opening up your entire work place to your private life. As well as put your career and job on the line. Not worth it.

I work in an environment where there are a LOT of men. Add to that the casual dress code, where many of the women wear leggings in order to be comfortable as they move about.

I don't wear leggings, but I DO wear warm up pants, and many times I've caught a guy looking when I am tying my shoes or leaning over to pick up a box of product. I don't presume these guys are crushing on me. They saw a butt and they looked. I also seem them looking at the girls in their leggings, because leggings show a lot.

Maybe you look good and he likes to look. Doesn't mean "attraction" per se, but just something nice to look at.

Bit in order to get closure...there has to be a relationship. He can't give you closure on YOUR crush. If he isn't talking g to you as a romantic/dati g I terest, he is just being friendly. If you cannot handle that then YOU need to stop talking to him.

I really don't feel like that anymore, I have mostly moved on, and I can't stop talking to him, I work too closely with him.

but I'm not imagining the staring and it makes my work of getting over him awkward because if it was completely clear cut, ie no staring I wud have cleared it up completely ages ago.

I really don't feel like that anymore, I have mostly moved on, and I can't stop talking to him, I work too closely with him.

but I'm not imagining the staring and it makes my work of getting over him awkward because if it was completely clear cut, ie no staring I wud have cleared it up completely ages ago.

It's your choice to move on or not. Him staring means simply that he's staring—nothing more, nothing less. The only meaning it has is the meaning you give it.

It doesn't really sound like you're "mostly moved on" if you're even analyzing this.

I may have to

Some guys stare cause they like you. But something may or may not come out of it. Sometimes they'll muster the courage to ask, other times they like the girl and they are already with someone or some other reason and can't be with the girl so they don't do anything then.

Well, yes and no. A guy or a girl will stare when they find someone attractive. This does NOT necessarily mean they will want a relationship with you or anything beyond staring and/or possibly a bit of side action once or twice.

People stare at things that are attractive to them. People also stare at things they can't figure out, or just because something is there, or because they know it bugs you, or they were never taught by their mommas that staring continually at someone is rude. or.or.or.

Bottom line it doesn't matter if he stares. If he isn't asking you out he's not attracted enough to make the effort to get to know you. Just to look maybe because there's no one else there to look at. And of course having run that gauntlet myself twice, much to my sorrow, I am going to say once again dating a coworker is a terrible idea anyways. I know feelings develop, all too well which is part of why I no longer work in an office thank you very much, but it's just a horrible idea anyways.

But yeah, if he's not asking you out or at least starting conversations with you and getting to know you then he can stare until he gets cataracts and it means nothing.

Archived