Anyone ever think of suicide?

Jgeorge1980

I have been so alone since my breakup 5 months ago. Seeing her everyday with her current bf at work, my cousin has been very painful. I honestly don't want to do this anymore. Anything at all. Nothing brings me joy anymore. I haven't really laughed at all since this happened, and I cry all the time. I just feel that maybe my pain exceeds my ability to cope. I actually have reached that point where taking the easy way out seems to be my best option.

i know things can get depressing. rejection is hard. but when you hit rock bottom, there's only way up. you will rise out of this. you will soar like the eagle. idk if you're religious at all, but there's a song called He Will Carry You. The lyrics go like this:

There is no problem too big

God cannot solve it

There is no mountain too tall

God cannot move it

There is no storm too dark

God cannot calm it

There is no sorrow too deep

He cannot soothe it

If He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders

I know my brother that He will carry you

If He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders

I know my sister that He will carry you

He said, "Come on to me all who are weary

And I will give you rest"

Sorry JGeorge that you feel this way. nuttybuddy, first post I (slightly) disagreed with today! I'm not a religious person myself and I don't like telling others to look for god to solve problems.

JGeorge; all I can tell you is to hang in there. Sometimes it takes YEARS to get over the pain of someone crushing your heart. Don't you have any friends/family out there to go go? Spend some time with some people that care about you. Maybe try some new hobbies/activities. I think you need to open yourself up to some new ideas and things to make you grow as a person. If you feel that is not enough, maybe you should get some professional help then. But everyone deserves a fair shot (and second chance) in life.

Obviously you are not a terrible, unworthy person if someone decided to date you at one time. They seen something special in you and some day someone else will, too. And that person will probably end up being a lot better than your ex in more ways than one and you will say to yourself "why did I get so upset and suicidal over someone not worth it?". Good luck.

Suicidal thoughts? More times than I can remember. Break ups are hard, especially for men (I'm assuming you are).

It's important to recognise that all things change - for better or for worse. People die, people move on, people reject you.

You've been on the end of a bad change. Good change happens too. I know plenty of people who have had a rough breakup, and later on find another partner who was even better than the previous person.

Working with her and her bf is harsh though. I'd try and get a job elsewhere, if possible. Also, is there anyone you can process the break up and how you are feeling with? I'd consider some sort of talking therapy.

Archived