Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Pregnancy" cold feet?

Yes fudgie that can happen but in this case the OP is having a girl and was/is thinking about terminating because it's a girl and not a boy.
    Think that's a bit extreme right? That's not normal pregnancy fears!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by cheriex333
    sara- I think it is a combination of both the gender issue as well as first time pregnancy scare. I'm just trying to reach out to the online community since my first session isn't until Tues, which seems like a lifetime away right now.
    Yes I would definitely see a therapist mostly for the benefit of your future child, particularly because of your issue with the gender. Tuesday is only a few days away - hang in there!

Originally Posted by sara-pezzini
    Yes fudgie that can happen but in this case the OP is having a girl and was/is thinking about terminating because it's a girl and not a boy.
    Think that's a bit extreme right? That's not normal pregnancy fears!
    Holy crap, I was not aware. d'oh, I should have look at people's other threads. My bad!

Yes, I agree, that's really extreme. Not like normal pregnancy fears.

I strongly recommend that you ask this of your therapist so that you are helped to get to the stage of acceptance and, if you work hard with her/him and with self-reflection and coming to terms with your own un-nurturing childhood, you'll not have any of these negative thoughts you are bombarding yourself with.

I really feel scared for your baby-to-be and I truly hope that your husband has lots of nurturing tendencies in himself to compensate for any that you may lack once the baby is born. I truly hope that he is strong enough to stop any negative behaviour you may manifest for this child due to your own feelings of jealousy, resentment, imposition. (hopefully you will have overcome those by the delivery date)

You can get by this but you have to start by re-framing your negative thought process(es) regarding this baby and focus on changing your thoughts to only positive experiences. There is nothing like the beautiful feeling of an innocent you have brought into the world looking up into your face with nothing but love and trust. Please stop thinking negatively, change those thoughts as soon as they enter your mind.

Platinum Member
    I think you are better suited(for online support) to visit a forum where women are actually actively going through this issue. I am trying to find the sub forum of one I KNOW had it, but they've changed it a lot in the last few years and I don't see it. Maybe you will have better luck. It was at this site(And I think it was a apply to join group):

I am trying to find you some active ones..

I've never visited this one but it looks very active:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice