Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is my ex boyfriend adding so many people on Facebook all of a sudden?

Originally Posted by treesandbees
    Maybe he is spending more time online after the break up and that is why so many new adds lately compared to before. I deleted my FB because I had common friends with my ex and didn't like seeing things that popped up, or looking at old photos it became too much, you could maybe deactivate for a bit until you feel less sensitive regarding him.
    Great point, I didn't think of that. He probably is online a lot more huh. I was thinking of deleting it too. I just am trying will power for now until I am "over it" like the rest of the posters told me to do. LOL

Originally Posted by LovelyDani87
    Block him on FB to prevent yourself from snooping and tell your friends to stop updating you about an ex. That's beyond toxic and will drive you "crazy."
    Good advice. Maybe I should just block him.

Platinum Member
    I deactivated for a long time after the breakup, as the temptation to peek was too great. We weren't "friends" but he changed his settings to public so I was still able see everything. Take a break - that's what I would suggest if you are anything like I was.

Platinum Member
    Don't understand why you care.

Block him, then you will not obsess on this issue.

I'm with LovelyDani. . . block his a**. Not seeing his stuff on FB will give you some breathing room. You'll feel a lot better in a few weeks time.

Originally Posted by shessofly
    I deactivated for a long time after the breakup, as the temptation to peek was too great. We weren't "friends" but he changed his settings to public so I was still able see everything. Take a break - that's what I would suggest if you are anything like I was.
    Yea everyone is suggesting I do that, and I really probably should. But I guess my point of the question was to ask "why" he is doing what he is doing. For example, your ex boyfriend, why do you think he changes his settings to public? Do you think it was for you to see what he was doing? Don't you think its odd to do that?

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Don't understand why you care.

Block him, then you will not obsess on this issue.
    LOL this isn't answering my question, its just being rude. People care because people are hurt after a breakup. A lot of these posts telling me "why do you care" is very insensitive. Why are we all on this forum? To get insight on things on our mind.

Originally Posted by beautifulzen
    I'm with LovelyDani. . . block his a**. Not seeing his stuff on FB will give you some breathing room. You'll feel a lot better in a few weeks time.
    I totally agree, and I should block him. I was just wondering the psychology behind someone who would do something like that, thats all. I guess I am over analyzing his odd behavior, I guess I just wanted other people's perspective, instead of advice. But thanks for your advice anyway.

Lots of people examine their social life after a breakup or a fight with a friend, and they recognize that they could be doing better socially, but they've been too closed off. So they opt to turbo charge their social media and become more open and active, and this may translate into making more friends and having more to do.

I wouldn't agree that he's doing it for your benefit if he's the one who's angry with you and has shut you down. If you accused him of having an affair, then the last thing he's looking for is more scrutiny from you.

I'd quit the FB and make it my private goal to surprise everyone, including myself, with my resilience and ability to bounce back from this. I'd ask my friends to avoid talking about him with me, and I'd turbo charge my own social life--away from the computer.

Head high.

Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Lots of people examine their social life after a breakup or a fight with a friend, and they recognize that they could be doing better socially, but they've been too closed off. So they opt to turbo charge their social media and become more open and active, and this may translate into making more friends and having more to do.

I wouldn't agree that he's doing it for your benefit if he's the one who's angry with you and has shut you down. If you accused him of having an affair, then the last thing he's looking for is more scrutiny from you.

I'd quit the FB and make it my private goal to surprise everyone, including myself, with my resilience and ability to bounce back from this. I'd ask my friends to avoid talking about him with me, and I'd turbo charge my own social life--away from the computer.

Head high.
    Thank you for your perspective and advice! I definitely didn't think he was doing any of it for my benefit... I guess I thought more he may be doing it because he has less of a social life now without me (we spent all our free time together) and is probably trying to be more outgoing and social now that we aren't together, using Facebook to make more friends. I guess that is my wishful thinking maybe. I appreciate your psychological analysis though I was hoping for more answers like yours

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education
Give Advice
Ask For Advice