Song Repository to Help Through Break-Up

I just ended a 15 year on/off relationship (original thread about all this posted in Relationship Conflicts). I got tons of great advice & encouragement from the wonderful forum members.

In the last two weeks, I have discovered all of his lies & deceit. Frankly, I am shocked and don't even feel that I know him anymore.

I am putting together a song repository to help me get through the break up:

#1 Best Thing I Never Had (Beyonce).

#2 We are the Champions (Queen).

#3 I will Survive (Gloria Gaynor).

Feel free to add your list of songs. Whenever I start feeling weak, I put on these songs and sing my heart out.

Prob not your type of music but "Eve to Adam - immortal"... How about "Drink to that -rihanna" ? haha just don't take that one literally. Kinda difficult for me to come up with ones that won't relate to a relationship and just make you think about the relationship. again rather just getting over it. ..."Chevelle - well enough alone"?

A good one in general i always liked was "Flaw - Best that i am"

I read the title as "Suppository to help through break-up"...

...yeah, it's time for bed.

"25 To Life" by Eminem is one that gets me fired up lately. While it's about his relationship with hip-hop, I could totally put my ex's name in there instead and it would make sense.

Alright, I know this might sound "cheesy" but I have to include "Stronger" by Britney Spears and "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera.

Note: No offence meant to any Britney or Aguilera fans. Those songs really do help me during this break up.

Heh. It is cheesy, but "Stronger" is my favorite breakup song by far. Also Chumbawumba's "Tubthumping".

Archived