The guy she's "innocently" texting

A fast background: I'm 30, she's 26, we've been together for 2 years and 8 months.

I'm not going to go into much detail about our relationship, but there is this "tiny" little thing that annoys me A LOT. She's been texting some guy since a little prior to the time when she met me. It would not bother me much if it was casual texting about who's doing what, but that guy (whom she's never met) is a computer geek from another country who's posting her texts like "I would love if I could rest my head on your breasts" and that kind of stuff. We had a fight about that stuff almost 2 years ago and she stopped doing that. I ceased that kind of activities when I met her because it would seem sick to me doing things like that while being in a relationship. After a few months I see she's doing the same stuff again and at our most recent fights she blocked this fool, said while crying out loud that she knows she's hurting my feelings this way etc.

Turned out to be a lie because:

It took just a few days and she was texting him AGAIN and that caused me to explode and this time she said that she doesn't know why she's doing it (what a lie) and now I'm 70-80% sure that I'm going to break up with her in the following months, because I know that she's still doing it and despite her not writing that kind of sexual stuff to him, it's still quite annoying to see him doing it all the time whenever I have the chance to get to her computer and read her e-mails. I call that cheating, no matter how far that bastard might be sitting and jerking off to her pictures (she's been sending him them too once in a while)

It makes me have this kind of fantasy after I've heard that she would like to meet him someday: that guy comes up, starts with his sexual innuendos, and I end up kicking his guts and face to pieces (I can get very aggressive if I am being threatened).

But at the same time, I love her a lot, but I cannot stand the fact that she might not realize how much that hurts although I've been repeating that anytime I discover that she's texting him.

Another thing I was thinking about was that I could make a fake e-mail and start posting to her as "some guy from somewhere", arrange a meeting later and then laugh to tears when she arrives with a big poster telling "F You" in the background.

If she has boundaries this poor with someone that supposedly lives in another country, can you imagine what kind she'd have with someone that lives locally?

Just break up with her. Obviously telling her your feelings about it isn't enough. She doesn't have the respect she should for you and for her relationship.

You've been dealing with this issue for almost your entire relationship. Actually, she's been unfaithful to you your entire relationship, it just took you ~8months to find out this is the case. Basically, your relationship is a complete fabrication. She NEEDS the attention from multiple guys. She wont stop. She is unable to. Nothing you do is going to make her change this behavior. There is no point to be mad at her about something that she isn't in a position to change. In fact, you are essentially enabling it by staying with her even though she keeps letting you down. Tell her she needs help, calmly, and without anger. She will know you are serious.

I understand your anger, but you need to keep that in check too. Definitely leave this relationship - it is causing you more harm than good.

If you're happy to go into detail in your mind about how to hurt her the most in a break up, it might be time to just pack your bags and go. I'd break up with my partner if they were allowing someone to constantly say perverted things like that to them.

Thanks for your answers, I've been thinking about breaking up with her a lot, need to get my financial situation stable soon enough to deal with that.

We had a lot of fights lately, then she keeps on fantasizing about meeting him sometime, of which I told that she'll be probably 95% disappointed and might even become a whole lot unluckier than she's been with me - to me it seems that this fool is texting a lot of girls the same way and is probably literally jerking off without ever getting attention from real women (found his blog online and it seems to me that this guy has the mind of a stupid kid who's just been watching his sister naked in the bathroom, although he's a few years older than I am) If she really gets turned on by his texting then I'm kinda convinced that I'm together with a underage girl and not a woman.

Then she's fed up with her job and wants to work as a volunteer somewhere else for months (not the same country where that guy's living), I don't care anymore, the only fantasy I have is that I'll be finally free and run around sleeping with any girl I see, she's quite aware that I get A LOT of attention and was even wondering why I'm spending my time with her and not a model (perhaps it's because I love her, I don't think she'll ever get it, that was such a childish question to ask for a person you're having a relationship with).

What bugs me the most is that I was the one who introduced her with a girl who told her all the stories about traveling and working aboard and now she's like hypnotized with these crazy ideas - the fun part is that the other girl is just that kind of fun personality and that is the mayor factor why all the stories about moving around Europe sound so adventurous. My still-girlfriend is the opposite, even a tiny ache can make her become hysterical, even sneezing more than a few times make her call her mother for help, what can a person like that do after being thrown into a country where she doesn't know anyone?

And the history of her relationships always ends after two to three years, If she can't get over a certain stage and quits, then I'm pretty sure that I've been wasting almost three years of my life and I just hit 30 and I want to have kids in a few years, not when I'm 40 or older (she wants them in only about 10 years, huh).

Archived