This would have been our one year, really struggling?

I made the mistake of falling in love before truly getting to know my ex. Everything at 1st was great, it was like something magical happened. After a little while though I found out that my ex was putting on a cover (he made up a lot stuff that I found out wasn't true). He was not the ambitious interesting guy that I met. He was not marriage material, I know full well if I married him I would be miserable. I was taken for granted and treated like a last priority. We talked about marriage, he kept telling me how much he wanted to be w/me, but couldn't afford to marry me. When he got a better paying position, he would throw money away on really stupid things instead of saving for our future. He then called me mean for wanting to know his goals for the future, of which he had none (he wanted to wait for that to come to him), I gave him months and encouraged him. Although he can never support the family that he wanted where he is now, he didn't care, he was perfectly content. I broke up w/him due to feeling like I wasn't a priority and for the fact that he was unambitious and lazy (this translated to his life and our relationship). I have been feeling better, but it hurts knowing that he prob never cared and is already looking for a rebound. Why do I miss such a loser? He did try to make amends a couple days later when I asked him for my stuff, he made tons of of beautiful promises. I turned that down and when I asked him again about my stuff he blamed me for hurting him.

He wasn't the one for you in mind, too, that this breakup happened because you two were not compatible. This means that if you find someone who is compatible with you, the relationship you'll have will be better than the one that you are grieving now.Keep yourself busy with your friends, and eventually you'll move on. Good luck!

He wasn't serious about you. You fell in love with the idea of who he could be and what kind of man he would become in time for you... And clearly he's not that in reality, and not even trying to be.

You need to look for these qualities in someone else, because you can't change him or determine when hell be ready to straighten up. So really theres nothing you can do, and just understand that everything that you love about him is undermined by his childish behavior.

Your one year as in you were with him for one year? Why is he supposed to already be saving for your future and marrying you after one year? Were you saving anything?

I remember one time during my last relationship, I decided to buy myself a playstation 4. I caught hell from my ex for days because that money could have gone towards her engagement ring. The ink on her divorce papers hadn't even been dry for 8 months. I had to remind her that she didn't complain when I loaned her $100, or bought a bunch of parts and tools to fix her car and house up with.

Why do people find it so necessary to move so fast?

We both talked about marriage and we are both in the age that getting married wouldn't be super soon. I was very concerned the way he handled his money as I know that it would translate how he would act later on in life. Plus he was the one always saying he didn't have enough money to marry me.

We both talked about marriage and we are both in the age that getting married wouldn't be super soon. I was very concerned the way he handled his money as I know that it would translate how he would act later on in life. Plus he was the one always saying he didn't have enough money to marry me.

Not necessarily. Marrying you wasn't a priority in the first year. I don't see that as unreasonable. Did he ever take you out? Get you flowers/gifts? Because maybe it's just me, but that early on in a relationship, that's where my money would be going.

My brother just got married. He had to ask my dad to loan him money for the rings. But they have an apartment and are in love and to her, I guess that kind of stuff doesn't matter so much.

Again, I ask: What were you doing with YOUR money?

Archived