I admitted I made a mistake and she still will not talk to me

tarrel

This was a girl I went on one date with back in May and she didn't feel a connection so we have been friends every since. So I sent her a text while I was at work because I was bored and it was thanksgiving related. Then her response to my text was "wrong person". So I was confused and sent a text back saying "what? Then I became impatient instead of giving her time to respond back and sent a text back saying "ok well F you then:

5 seconds later her text comes through explaining her wrong person text. By that time she got the other text and responded "F me? Really? Ok bye"

And then I sent another one saying why I sent what i did and was saying it was a mixup in cmm. Now she won;t respond to my text or answer my calls and I can't understand why if I am saying sorry and explaining the reason.

Just don;t understand why she just won't accept my apology after we have been friends for 6 months

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because no one wants to be friends with someone that tells them to F off like that. She assumed since you didn't talk to her much perhaps that the message couldn't have possibly been for her. All you had to say is "(her Name) Happy Thanksgiving. That message WAS meant for you. I hope you have a good one." If someone gets that impatient with me for not understanding a text was for me, I am not going to waste my time. You said you had been friends 6 months after a date that was a miss - I don't perceive that she is your bestie or a close friend. I would move on - don't initiate any more contact with her and treat others a little more nicely.

Because no one wants to be friends with someone that tells them to F off like that. She assumed since you didn't talk to her much perhaps that the message couldn't have possibly been for her. All you had to say is "(her Name) Happy Thanksgiving. That message WAS meant for you. I hope you have a good one." If someone gets that impatient with me for not understanding a text was for me, I am not going to waste my time. You said you had been friends 6 months after a date that was a miss - I don't perceive that she is your bestie or a close friend. I would move on - don't initiate any more contact with her and treat others a little more nicely.

First off I had never in my life since i started texting received a text back that was "wrong person" So it threw me off and yes I could have waited a little longer after saying what?

I mean she knew the only reason I sent F you was because I thought she was blowing me off,

First off I had never in my life since i started texting received a text back that was "wrong person" So it threw me off and yes I could have waited a little longer after saying what?

I mean she knew the only reason I sent F you was because I thought she was blowing me off,

There is NO excuse to say F you to someone. Sorry, you can't defend that one.

Just because you have not received a "wrong person" text doesn't mean it doesn't happen

If you said "love" and you don't use those words together or something that seemed to reference plans that she was not a part of, or you hadn't texted in awhile - then she could have very well thought it was not meant for her.

That was a really extreme response you sent. Nothing you can say to justify it. A good friend would have given her the benefit of the doubt - instead this somehow sent you over the edge.

She will accept your apology...or she won't. Nothing you can do except hope you hear from her again. 6 months is really not that big of an investment into a friendship. Maybe she decided the verbal abuse isn't worth it. I know I don't have any friends who speak to me that way - even if I fail to respond to a text for days at a time...

Is that the best excuse you can come up with? Sad.

Your immaturity is hindering your progress in life and should be addressed.

It sounds like you have anger management problems.

Over the top!!!

I actually have not used that word toward a woman in about 11 years so I have controlled my emotions but when I got that weird text I just got impatient when it looked like she was not going to talk to me anymore

what is the problem with us talking about this on the phone or face to face? She is being immature for ignoring me

Sometimes the words we use damage relationships irretrievably. Call her what you want but to not speak with you anymore is her prerogative.

She has no idea I am planning on treating to dinner as a way to say I;m sorry because she has not answered the phone.

So I am wondering should I just not contact her for 3 weeks and see if she comes around? we were supposed to see each other christmas weekend so I am thinking to call her on 12/21 to see how she is doing.

Why not accept that until and unless she decides to speak to you, you have nothing to say?

"I got impatient when I thought she wasn't going to talk to me".....it was minutes. mInutes.

I reiterate...your immaturity needs to be addressed. She is handling herself like an adult. That doesn't respond to temper tantrums thrown by little boys.

I agree. If anyone spoke to me that way I would cut them off too and they would no longer be considered a friend. This "friendship" only hit the 6 month mark, hardly a chance to even get off the ground and then she saw the red flags - you having a short fuse, swearing at her etc. If she has any sense she would head for the hills (which it seems she has done).

You DON'T contact her again. IF she wants to contact you for any reason, then the ball is in her court. For now, you back off and stay off.

Are you seriously defending yourself? OMG...she took 3 minutes to respond.

You texted her out of....boredom.

You really need a reality check.

I was having a slow work day and decided to text her. I texted like 4 or 5 girls because I needed something to occupy me since things were so slow

Archived