female... stuff

I've been bleeding 'down there' on and off for a month now. At first I thought it was an early miscarriage as I was showing possible symptoms, but my doctor said it was just my period coming back (after only two weeks?). It has stopped and started throughout the month and the first time it stopped, my partner and I had sex. I hadn't bled for two days so we thought it was okay but then a day later I started to bleed again. That was two weeks ago and the bleeding stopped about four or five days ago and my partner and I had sex again the other night and what do you know, I've just started bleeding again almost two days later!

I really don't know what the heck is going on with my body I know I have to go to the doctors since I've started bleeding again but I can't until the weekend is over. I'm really upset over all of this.

if there is pain or nausea or similar you might want to go to the ER. if not, you could always give them a call, describe the symptoms and ask whether they think it's urgent or whether it can wait till monday. mention any other possible illness you have, such as thyroid issues, stds, autoimmune conditions, whether you've had an IUD, if you have a fever, excessive body hair growth or similar.

then monday, do go to your gynie.

usually they'll tell you to wait about two weeks post miscarriage if they're unsure how soon the cervix closes, but if you've been checked and it seemed to be closing fine the chances of bleeding reocurring should be low...i think. (i take it they didn't try to speed up the expelling but allowed it to happen on it's own)

have they run any tests when you were last at the docs? i'd suggest they have them done if they're not ordering any, imagining and labwork and if they want to do a biopsy too (doesn't hurt).

i hope you get to the bottom of it soon!

This sounds like it could be a hormonal imbalance. I had this sort of thing happen more than once and I had to go on bc pills to regulate my hormones (I was using condoms and foam, not pills, at that time). Whatever it is, I would make an appointment to see my gyno. It sounds like nothing serious, but get it checked out just to be sure.

This happened to me once about 2 years ago. Bled for a couple days, stopped, had sex, then started bleeding heavily while having sex. Passed a huge blood clot immediately following. Bled for about 2 days after, stopped, then bled again. My doctor couldn't find anything either, no lesions or irritation. We chalked it up to a weird period and it hasn't happened since. But the blood clot was so large, and there was so much blood, that I truly believe I had a miscarriage at that time and didn't know it. I only had vague period cramping, though. Hardly any pain at all.

I don't have any advice for you. It's good that you're going to see your doctor. I just wanted you to know you're not alone. Women have to stick together when our bodies do these strange, awful things to us without our permission.

As someone with unexplained irregularity things like this.. If there is no pain or anything, wait it out. Usually something to do with hormones. Stress, anxiety, birth control, etc can change your period drastically and sometimes it can take a bit to get it back. My last exams in college happened while it felt like my whole life was falling apart.. I bled for 3 weeks like it was the first day.

Archived