What are the chances that she could have gotten pregnant?

gvision

I met up with an ex from 5 years ago and in the heat of the moment we had unprotected sex. Now here are the facts:

- She is 27, I'm 29.

- She just started birth control, but is only on day 4. But apparently birth control doesn't kick in till day 7

- She has a regular 28 day cycle and we had Sex on day 10, so technically this could be 2 days before ovulation.

- I pulled out 100% in time, and masturbated the last 5 seconds to finish in my hand

Should I be worried? I'm worried. The last thing I want is a baby.

It's very unlikely but you can't rule out pregnancy completely. You pulled out but precum can contain sperm on rare occasion.

Look it up, no doctors here really. Your are just going to get barraged about understanding consequences, STDs, being adult, etc. I used to worry about this like you are now, it'll be ok., just be more careful going forward.

Must have been an awkward conversation getting all the particulars of her cycle. Be careful asking about doing a pregnancy test too early, it won't work now anyway too soon plus you'll freak her out.

It's very unlikely but you can't rule out pregnancy completely. You pulled out but precum can contain sperm on rare occasion.

Look it up, no doctors here really. Your are just going to get barraged about understanding consequences, STDs, being adult, etc. I used to worry about this like you are now, it'll be ok., just be more careful going forward.

Must have been an awkward conversation getting all the particulars of her cycle. Be careful asking about doing a pregnancy test too early, it won't work now anyway too soon plus you'll freak her out.

All this happened less than 24 hours ago so I could ask her to take Plan B but she will probably think I'm being weird. She doesn't seem to be worried about it...

You should be nervous : you had unprotected sex. Plan B may be advisable for her, it is effective for up to 72 hrs after. Yes there are side effects, with which she will have to contend due to the decision the two of you made.Go and get tested immediately and then wait a few months and get tested again. Use this as a learning experience.

She will think your weird for asking most likely. I'm not familiar with plan B, when it should be used or not. My gut says your OK without going there based on the circumstances, but I'm no doctor. Maybe you can go talk to one tomorrow morning and get a doctors opinion.

This brings up all kinds of ethical questions, she may feel uncomfortable taking it, most likely she'll think it's unnecessary. I find that girls I've dated aren't all that worried about it, oddly enough.

This reminds me of when I was your age, I was always freaked out about getting my GF pregnant even though I was being careful, condoms have a failure rate too. My GF would just roll her eyes, you bought another pregnancy test, really! Back then there was no plan B.

Chances are slim, but still definitely there. It's alarming that she's not concerned, to be honest.

You can't make her take Plan B. All you can do is offer to take her to get it. If she does, great! If she doesn't, you better pray your pre-swimmers didn't make it.

Either way, you should get yourself tested for STDs.

All this happened less than 24 hours ago so I could ask her to take Plan B but she will probably think I'm being weird. She doesn't seem to be worried about it...

She may be ready to be pregnant. Hence her getting "caught up" in the heat of a wanted pregnancy.

She may be ready to be pregnant. Hence her getting "caught up" in the heat of a wanted pregnancy.

Definitely a rule to live with as a guy, use condom until engaged / married. Trusting GF is properly taking the pill or other birth control is generally a bad decision.

Who's idea was the meetup? Who initiated the sex? When was her last relationship?

It's not unheard of for women who are already pregnant and in a crappy situation to lookup an old boyfriend and "things just happen". Next thing you know they're telling you the kid is yours. I'd be suspicious as hell if an ex showed up and was willing to have unprotected sex on the spot. I think most women know exactly what they're doing when it comes to taking pregnancy risks.

Archived