can my ex really change? Should I wait for him to change?

A few months ago I fell inlove with a guy And everything was perfect. He was perfect. It's been 7 months since we broke up but I'm still inlove with him. While we were together he would tell me about his extremely attractive female friends and that I'm the "biggest" girl he's ever dated. I'm not even that big. I'm 160lbs and 19 years old. I'm not the size I should be but I'm not bed ridden either. He blocked me on Facebook and told me it was because he's a very private person. The more I thought about it the more it occurred to me that he might be embarrassed of me. Although he's very public with me, he holds my hand all the time and loves PDA. So I'm confused if he's embarrassed to be with me or not. Anyway I've tried for so long to get over him but I just can't. My question is does a person like that change? I can see it hurts him when I tell him we'll never be together ever again. Can that hurt make him wanna change? And how would I get comfortable being with him after knowing he was once embarrassed to be with me.

The short answer is no, I would not expect him to change. Since he's an ex I'm not sure why you would wait for him to change or even know that he did (he won't anyway!). People rarely change. not all guys are attracted to super thin, it's ok to find someone that is more attracted to your body type.

People don't change. I'm not really in the position to be giving out advice, but it gets harder the longer you hang on. Let go, there is somebody somewhere that will appreciate you. There is nothing wrong with time alone, take some time for yourself. You deserve respect, and that is not respect. If he was so private that he blocked you on facebook, why would he have facebook to begin with? He is either hiding you, or something from you.

Archived