Right of Wrong

Justme727

My boyfriend is 45 and I am 26. We've been together for 3 years. We've talked about moving together and all of sudden about a year ago it all stopped. He currently lives with his parents for the last 10 years since his divorce. I recently discovered that he cannot move because he pays his parents taxes. Now...I have mentioned that he can do that even if he didn't live with his parents. He also has a brother who works in the tv industry and does absolutely nothing to help his parents. He's mother won't let me come over because I didn't go into her room and say hi to her one time. Keep in mind...he's 45. Because of all of this, I'm very torn because I really love him, but nothing in the last 3 years has changed except the few times we talked about moving a year ago. I just feel like my conversations go no where and when I do try to be involved like he asks me to he tells me to stay out of his business. Am I wrong to think that he shouldn't have to put his life on hold because of this or should I just lose him?

I'd say lose him,He doesn't have his life together. There are at least several million single guys closer to your age who are more worthy of your time. Besides the age difference could be significant. Consider that when you are 32, and in the prime of life, he will be 51. When you are 42 and ready to explore the life you've earned in the last 20 years, he will be 61 and really to retire.

Ever heard of the expression 'man child'. That's what you've got. He's 45 and should be grown up by now.

He's not interested in changing his current arrangements. Why would he? He's dependent on his parents, and they are dependent on him.

Please lose him. You're far too young to be involved with someone that has this much baggage.

He's probably a bed wetter also. Seriously, a 45 year old who lives with his folks? And what's all that tax bs about? I know a couple of guys like this, they're 'man child'. Drop him, go and meet someone possibly nearer your own age. Make sure they're more together as well, because this guy sounds pathetic.

Archived