LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 41 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's About The Journey...

It's About The Journey...

Well, I figured that the dating chapter of my life has ended (I'm hoping for good!), it's time to leave all that behind and start a fresh new journal.

So here goes...

Platinum Member
    Lady, I think I must have missed quite a lot in the last few weeks. Is everything ok? I thought things had been going well with Ajax.

I did a double take too. NAL, do you mean that you're settled in your relationship with J so you don't want a 'dating' journal anymore (since you're not dating around, you have one boyfriend) and you want to start a new one?

Yay, a new journal for a new journey! *Commenting so it comes back to my 'you've commented on these threads' notifications*

Originally Posted by Silverbirch
    Lady, I think I must have missed quite a lot in the last few weeks. Is everything ok? I thought things had been going well with Ajax.
    Ajax?? Is that his name?? That's so killer!!! I love it!!

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I did a double take too. NAL, do you mean that you're settled in your relationship with J so you don't want a 'dating' journal anymore (since you're not dating around, you have one boyfriend) and you want to start a new one?
    Ding ding ding! This is the correct guess! Lol sorry guys I didn't mean to make you guess, I didn't realise the original post wasn't clear enough on this

Originally Posted by WithLove
    Ajax?? Is that his name?? That's so killer!!! I love it!!
    Hahahah!! It isn't, I just used J, but maybe I should start using Ajax now haha...

Platinum Member
    LOL, Ajax! Well, I'm glad for you!

I've been having weird dreams the last few days. A different dream each night but in the same genre.

First it was a dream about my ex of 2.5 years (broke up 2 years ago). I think in the dream, I knew I'm with J but he's behaving just like my ex (and looked like him too) and he was mad and annoyed at me for some silly thing and I thought oh no J has turned into my ex! He's not this great guy that I thought he is! When I woke up and realised it was just a dream and J is still J, I was so happy.

The second dream was about another ex (from almost 6 years ago and only lasted 3 months). I don't know why I dreamt about him at all given it was so long ago and it's not like he ever crosses my mind. In the dream I'm still dating him. And I was worrying about things that I worried about back then. Again when I woke up and realised that's not actually real and I'm with J instead, I was happy.

The third dream was about a guy I met at a friend's wedding back in May. He has a long term gf and I was with Z at the time, we didn't even interact much, I thought he was pretty cute looks wise but that's about it. I have him on Facebook (and a bunch of other people I met at the wedding) but we never interacted, ever. The dream was that we're all friends in real life and his gf cheated on him and they broke up and he wants to date me but kinda strung me along? I don't remember much more. Anyway, I think I was looking at Facebook before falling asleep and he was on my newsfeed, so my brain plugged him into that role in the dream.

I don't know why I have these dreams. I never read into dreams, but I just thought it was interesting that they are all dating and relationship related, 3 nights almost in a row. I wonder what's going on in that head of mine lol...

It's About The Journey...

J's flaws:

He doesn't like to plan ahead most of the time. I know he fully has the capability to plan and he does a great job when he does plan (eg booking flights and accommodation with sufficient time ahead of an event, checking out restaurant ratings and dress code before we go, scoping out activities to do on a day to a new place when needed), but a lot of the time he doesn't.

He forgets about things that happened or remember them wrongly, quite often. Sometimes for things that happened just a day or two ago. This is not the only time he's forgetful, he forgot all his socks and undies on a work trip recently and a while ago, he forgot to bring all of his shirt lol...

He can be a bit competitive, but not in a bad way...that I've seen...yet!

And a small quirk, he likes to say "as I said before" occasionally, not frequent and not in a mean way or anything, and a couple of people I know like to use that phrase but I just hate it. Probably because I only use it when I want to make a point about how the other person should already know this and they don't.

The thing is, I love his flaws. As crazy as it sounds and I never thought I'd say this, his flaws annoy me a little and they don't, at the same time.

I laugh when he forgets things or remembers them wrong, it's amusing and adorable more so than annoying most of the time, he laughs with me. I shake my head and poke my tongue at him for his lack of planning and he takes it gracefully. He gets a bit competitive in games, I often don't, I tell him he's awesome at it (or pretend I'm mad about it depending on what I feel like lol)...

I never thought I'd love someone's flaws but I do.

He just messaged me when I was typing this, "I miss you sorry I've been away all week again, I'll try to get back ASAP tomorrow". All because last week I mentioned I missed seeing him on week nights. It brought tears to my eyes. He didn't have to apologise AT ALL, I mean it's work!

He's such a sweetheart, I don't know what else to say. I love this guy, even his flaws.

Page 1 of 41 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice