Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

Right? Jeebus. I have broken this baby toe 3 times and the one on the other toe 7 times. Kills . every. Time.

Ugh, that hurts!

Years ago I broke a baby toe due to packing my freezer too tight. A big chunk of frozen meat fell on my foot. Taught me not to be so lazy with shoving things in!

• 2 weeks later...

Faux Pas ;you have to love it . I go to pick up an ordered item from a lady’s DIY business. Now keep in mind I live in a military town.... woman badmouths the military. 🙄 I mentioned my husband is military and how I had wanted to make further purchases.... watch lady wring her hands in embarrassment. 🙄

Posters who see fit to disparage and argue with every other posters opinions/advice when the OP can read and decide for themselves what they do or do not resonate with.

One of my pet peeves for sure.

The OP stopped posting three pages ago, but two or three posters MUST argue among themselves, usually about a fine point that has little to nothing to do with the topic the OP posted about. Goodbye OP!

I never understand the absolute NEED to either be "right" or to have "the last word".

Posters who see fit to disparage and argue with every other posters opinions/advice when the OP can read and decide for themselves what they do or do not resonate with.

Yes, that's an interesting trait of this forum. No escaping the opinion police.

Friend asks to borrow money for "rent". I know that old adage of "only lend what you can afford to lose", which is where I came up with the amount. I lent her $200.

A few days later she's posting on Facebook asking if anyone knows any good deals on flights to the Caribbean. Also hasn't contacted me about paying me back even though she promised to by yesterday.

She has money to fly to the Caribbean but doesn't have the money to pay me back. She borrowed from two other people too, wonder if she did them the same way.

Former friend now!

PS: Yes, I can afford to lose the money. But this person has proved to me AGAIN that people who borrow money from friends don't feel obligated to pay it back.

Friend asks to borrow money for "rent". I know that old adage of "only lend what you can afford to lose", which is where I came up with the amount. I lent her $200.

A few days later she's posting on Facebook asking if anyone knows any good deals on flights to the Caribbean. Also hasn't contacted me about paying me back even though she promised to by yesterday.

She has money to fly to the Caribbean but doesn't have the money to pay me back. She borrowed from two other people too, wonder if she did them the same way.

Former friend now!

PS: Yes, I can afford to lose the money. But this person has proved to me AGAIN that people who borrow money from friends don't feel obligated to pay it back.

People like that are scum.

Former friend now!

I dont care if I can afford to lose it or not, if I let you borrow money and you dont pay it back were going to small claims court, dont play with me, lol.

Former friend now!

I stand completely corrected. The friend did pay me back.

I must not assume the worst about others. Lesson learned.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke too soon.

Friend contacted me today asking if she could borrow money again. I said no, I have expenses I need to cover this month. She didn't respond to that. Perhaps she's angry I said no.

We work for the same company and we got paid YESTERDAY. I can't imagine why or how her paycheck is already gone.

Why is it when someone borrows money one time they think it gives them the right to keep asking? One time and done, that's all I'm willing to do. Not sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

It gets under my skin when a person posts about a problem with someone they're dating, then EVERYONE in the waking world tells them they're just not that into you, move on, etc. The OP decides to come back and say "wait I forgot to mention that, once in the year 1992 he said I was pretty." LOL. I'm paraphrasing just to be a jerk, but you get the idea. It's like, no, we can read, we can get the impression of your situation by reading your wall o' text, we get it. One thing is not going to change what we can plainly see and what you can't.

I also can't stand run-on sentences. I get that this is a forum and not an English class, and I also understand that phones autocorrect things. But how hard is it to throw in a period or comma once in a while? Or have mercy on our eyes by using the space bar between paragraphs?

On the flip side, sometimes when a person isn't a native English speaker, they apologize in advance for what they think might be a rough post, but it turns out to be well-written. Many times they write far better than others who've been speaking English all their lives and just choose to type in a way that no one can understand.

Sorry, I'm not normally a jerk, but I've been holding these in for a while.