Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

So I have another story. Not so much annoying as it was awkward.

There's a guy from my school that I hang out with a bit sometimes. I kind of liked him but I was definitely getting mixed signals from him. Flirty sometimes but not so much other times. The other week he invited me to go to a concert with him. Some of his other guy friends were going to come but I guess they decided they didn't want to. I didn't know if all of his friends had bailed or just some of them. Before the concert I mentioned I was going to Uber it so I could have a few drinks & not have to worry about driving. He said not to & that he could pick me up so I agreed.

Day of the concert, he texts something like "So I'll meet you there?". Ugh, fine whatever. So I get there & who else did he bring? His ex girlfriend and one of her friends, both of whom I've never met before. Oh also, he gave them a ride so I guess that's why he decided to rescind his offer of giving me a ride. So throughout the concert and the rest of the night, they get more & more flirty & are basically acting like a couple by the end of the night. And I'm just kind of like... why am I here again? Not that I expected it to be a date but I also didn't expect to spend the evening like that. And I couldn't even drink.

At least the concert was good.

Awkward. Never again.

When I started college, I was at a branch campus and I had won tickets to a game at the main campus. I was going to sell them, but I had this female friend who I thought was interesting, who BEGGED me to take her. I thought, okay, we'll go, spend some time together, see what happens. She arranged a place for us to stay with some friends of hers that went there. She slept with some dude she went to high school with that night......and had the nerve to be upset with me for not being happy about it the next day.

1. Insomnia 2. My yearly winter eye irritation and 3. how people will be all upset about some tiny thing yet walk right past the equivalent of a body laying by their bed. It's like, "Oh dang it, my boyfriend forgot to bring home the milk," while ignoring the blood all over the walls. What.the.youknowtheword.

This is why I dropped the idea of ever being a therapist. My clients would do something like that and I'd be going full-on Madea at them about it, because I can't be impartial and I get too invested emotionally. And that makes for a crappy therapist, so anyhooo I probably need to step away from a bunch of things for awhile.

So I have another story. Not so much annoying as it was awkward.

There's a guy from my school that I hang out with a bit sometimes. I kind of liked him but I was definitely getting mixed signals from him. Flirty sometimes but not so much other times. The other week he invited me to go to a concert with him. Some of his other guy friends were going to come but I guess they decided they didn't want to. I didn't know if all of his friends had bailed or just some of them. Before the concert I mentioned I was going to Uber it so I could have a few drinks & not have to worry about driving. He said not to & that he could pick me up so I agreed.

Day of the concert, he texts something like "So I'll meet you there?". Ugh, fine whatever. So I get there & who else did he bring? His ex girlfriend and one of her friends, both of whom I've never met before. Oh also, he gave them a ride so I guess that's why he decided to rescind his offer of giving me a ride. So throughout the concert and the rest of the night, they get more & more flirty & are basically acting like a couple by the end of the night. And I'm just kind of like... why am I here again? Not that I expected it to be a date but I also didn't expect to spend the evening like that. And I couldn't even drink.

At least the concert was good.

Awkward. Never again.

What an @ss! How rude to do that. X him off the list needless to say.

That sucks! I'd be so pissed!

When I started college, I was at a branch campus and I had won tickets to a game at the main campus. I was going to sell them, but I had this female friend who I thought was interesting, who BEGGED me to take her. I thought, okay, we'll go, spend some time together, see what happens. She arranged a place for us to stay with some friends of hers that went there. She slept with some dude she went to high school with that night......and had the nerve to be upset with me for not being happy about it the next day.

What an @ss! How rude to do that. X him off the list needless to say.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought it wasn't cool! Like I said, I kind of like him but he is definitely off the list now. There were other things I wasn't impressed with. When we were out his ex told me he smoked some pot right before the concert. I'm fine with pot with use where it is legal & you're not doing anything like driving. But we are both in a professional program and could get kicked out of school for doing stuff like that. Also, when we were out he just about got in a fight with some random dude. The other dude was definitely the instigator. We left immediately when I saw things were getting heated. But when we got outside he said he wished he had brought his knife. Ok, self defense is one thing but no. Don't fight someone way bigger than you who could easily get your knife and hurt/kill you and two- don't get charged with assault when you're about to finish school & get a real job. Goodbye career and 6 years of tuition to still repay. It was just dumb.

It doesn't even bother me now. Mostly because I have bigger problems after a girl crashed into the back of my car yesterday. I got x-rays; no fractures. But now I have severe neck pain and I'm trying to control the pain with hydrocodone and flexeril while still being alert enough to study & take exams this week. I have to work tomorrow so I guess I'll be sticking with ibuprofen only for the next 24 hours.

Is this week over yet?

We left immediately when I saw things were getting heated. But when we got outside he said he wished he had brought his knife. Ok, self defense is one thing but no. Don't fight someone way bigger than you who could easily get your knife and hurt/kill you and two- don't get charged with assault when you're about to finish school & get a real job. Goodbye career and 6 years of tuition to still repay. It was just dumb.

Holy Hades! Run for the hills from this one. Sure, attack someone that makes you mad with a knife. Kill him or some bystander or hurt people just because you want to be a bad*$$. That alone, would be enough for me to distance myself and fast. People like that get other people killed or hurt with their stupidity.

Feel better mhowe. Sorry to hear you're having a tough time physically. That sucks.

Two weeks later and I am still paying for the chili cookoff competition judging panel a friend asked me to be on. I don't know that any one spice or ingredient did it, but tasting 20 chili concoctions that try to outdo each other for who can strip paint off a mac truck the fastest is not a good thing to do to one's stomach lining.

I'm still having heartburn on and off, cannot bear the smell of chili peppers and my son still laughingly refers to it as the great chili cleanse, if you get my drift. Never again, never again. (Oh look, there's a pie-eating competition in the next county. Wonder if hubs wants to go for a drive with me this weekend...) Yeah, I never learn.

Two weeks later and I am still paying for the chili cookoff competition judging panel a friend asked me to be on. I don't know that any one spice or ingredient did it, but tasting 20 chili concoctions that try to outdo each other for who can strip paint off a mac truck the fastest is not a good thing to do to one's stomach lining.

I'm still having heartburn on and off, cannot bear the smell of chili peppers and my son still laughingly refers to it as the great chili cleanse, if you get my drift. Never again, never again. (Oh look, there's a pie-eating competition in the next county. Wonder if hubs wants to go for a drive with me this weekend...) Yeah, I never learn.

Haha I feel ya. After my car accident last week I was prescribed some narcotics for the pain. I only took it once or twice a day (max is 3 times a day for one; up to 6 times a day for the other). My digestive system essentially came to a screeching halt if you know what I mean. After 5 days I figured it wasn't good to go on much longer like that so I picked up some meds to stimulate my GI tract. Now I have the opposite problem

Also a course of Prilosec is great for heartburn!

I'm just gonna say this. Lately there have been a run of threads of the "You have GOT to be kidding me" variety where I don't know if people are just that clueless or if we're all all being played.

But it is very annoying. And it causes me to want to just gather a bunch of memes to post in lieu of responses to those types of posts. I'm leaning towards a customizable Captain Picard facepalm right about now.

I made myself a cup of tea and when I added milk to it, I noticed that it was spoiled since it had chunks floating in it.. I still enjoy black tea but I greatly prefer it with milk. So ran to a convenience store and bought an 8oz carton of milk for the time being. I made another cup of tea again when I returned to my place . I tasted the milk before pouring it in my tea-It didn't taste fresh and had kind of an unpleasent aftertaste, like 'turning' or (on the verge of going sour) Sure enough, when I added the milk to my tea ,it had chunks floating it again, ughhhh!!! ](*,) ](*,)

I even checked the expiration date before purchasing the milk - it expires on Nov 30th.I didn't feel like returning the milk at the convenient store(it's cold outside) so I just srew it since it was only an 8oz carton of milk .I decided to just have a black tea and call it a day. Oh well it's one of those days

Went swimming... head in the clouds

got out of the pool, grabbed my gear from the locker, had a shower, then realised I was in the MENS CHANGING ROOM!!...

(thankfully no guys around that earlier in the morning, I'm soooooo embarrassed, not going swimming tomorrow...)

Went swimming... head in the clouds

got out of the pool, grabbed my gear from the locker, had a shower, then realised I was in the MENS CHANGING ROOM!!...

(thankfully no guys around that earlier in the morning, I'm soooooo embarrassed, not going swimming tomorrow...)

I walked into a woman's washroom in a bar. They were exchanging sweaters? I wasn't annoyed though. They giggled. Win, win.