Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

How about creating new accounts to ask the exact same question? Or reposting the exact same question but claiming there are "updates" or "additional information" or to "get different opinions" when the reality is they want to be told what they want to hear?

Been a rash of this lately.

Well, not to offend anyone who does this, but it really annoys me...

When writing or speaking, the correct grammar (albeit short form) is "He would've", "She could've", etc., etc., which is short for "He would have", "She could have". But I hear so many people speak and see so many people write "He could of", "She could of"...

:stung::stung::stung::stung:

Well, not to offend anyone who does this, but it really annoys me...

When writing or speaking, the correct grammar (albeit short form) is "He would've", "She could've", etc., etc., which is short for "He would have", "She could have". But I hear so many people speak and see so many people write "He could of", "She could of"...

:stung::stung::stung::stung:

How about "I don't want to LOOSE him!!"

I try not to judge grammar and spelling due to the fact people have learning disabilities including my son. The forum is international, not everyone’s first language is English also not everyone had the same opportunity for education .

Well... to clarify I was referring to people who should know better (as in people with college degrees that I work with). Not sure why you felt the need to point that out, other than just to be negative...

Nope , not trying to be negative , just making people aware there could be reasons for grammar mistakes. I have a stake in that as my son has 4 learning disabilities including a phonological one.

But, yes laziness should not be an excuse.

Well... to clarify I was referring to people who should know better (as in people with college degrees that I work with). Not sure why you felt the need to point that out, other than just to be negative...
Nope , not trying to be negative , just making people aware there could be reasons for grammar mistakes. I have a stake in that as my son has 4 learning disabilities including a phonological one.

But, yes laziness should not be an excuse.

Understand... I would NEVER make fun of someone with a disability... they have to try so much harder, but they give it their all! Maybe that's why it annoys me when fully capable people don't try!