Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

• 10 months later...

So there are probably worse things to be upset about than this, and yet still I feel kind of upset every time I think about it.

I made an appointment to get my hair done yesterday for the first time in about 6 months. I made the appointment for a haircut and highlights at 2:30. I started going there over 10 years ago, so I still make the trip even though it's an hour from where I live now. I got there & they were acting like they wouldn't have time to get my hair done before they closed. Apparently they close at 4pm and whoever scheduled me said 2:30 was fine, but actually scheduled me for 2pm unbeknownst to me. They said they could do my highlights in a different way where they don't go all the way to the roots (which is much faster than the normal way of doing foils to the roots) or I could reschedule for a different day. I'm like, I just drove an hour here. No I don't want to reschedule for a different day, I barely have time to make that trip once as it is. So I agreed to give this other technique a try. I don't really like how it turned out. They put in more highlights than I wanted so overall my hair is blonder than what I had intended and it looks like I have like 3 months of regrowth since the highlights start so far from the roots. The girls doing my hair kept saying how they loved it & it looked so good. But I feel like they just do that to influence my opinion. I told them I didn't really like how it turned out. They said I could come back and get it fixed for free. But that would mean finding another day to drive hours, again, and get my hair done for hours, again.

It just irritates me that I felt pressured to get my hair done a way that I didn't think I would like. That they knew it wasn't what I wanted. And that they were trying so hard to convince me that it looked good. And it would look good on someone with long flowy hair, but my hair is too short so it just looks dumb. And they were the ones who said it was fine to schedule the appointment at the time I requested. It's not like I showed up late. I would have come earlier if they had told me 2:30 was too late. So yeah, maybe I'm just stressed out from other things but I kind of feel like crying when I think about it.

I just went grocery shopping and there were no bananas left. That happens so often on Sundays, and it is a big grocery shop, not just one around the corner, very annoying. I need bananas for my smoothie every morning, so tomorrow I will have to be creative.

One of the most irritating experiences on this planet is when I go to buy something and it's sold out. lol

One of the most irritating experiences on this planet is when I go to buy something and it's sold out. lol

Yes, I agree! The thing is, it the biggest supermarket chain here where I live. And it happens 9 out of 10 times on Sundays that they don’t have bananas. If they decide to open up their shop on Sunday morning, which is actually only since a couple of years here, then they should simply have this.

Anyway, as my mother always used to tell us, there are children in Africa that had nothing to eat today, so my problem is not really a problem……..

Yes, I agree! The thing is, it the biggest supermarket chain here where I live. And it happens 9 out of 10 times on Sundays that they don’t have bananas. If they decide to open up their shop on Sunday morning, which is actually only since a couple of years here, then they should simply have this.

Anyway, as my mother always used to tell us, there are children in Africa that had nothing to eat today, so my problem is not really a problem……..

And my response normally to something being sold out was........."what were yall in here doing when the product was running out"?

Just like i went to subway one day last week and they told me they have no more tomatoes. lol That is something that subway always should have in stock

My supermarket was out of MILK today. What? Every conceivable milk product option. Did the cows go on strike?

I feel better now that I hear we all have our daily issues.

Yes, the cows were on strike, but I guess you missed that information since you were on vacation, lol.

So there are probably worse things to be upset about than this, and yet still I feel kind of upset every time I think about it.

I made an appointment to get my hair done yesterday for the first time in about 6 months. I made the appointment for a haircut and highlights at 2:30. I started going there over 10 years ago, so I still make the trip even though it's an hour from where I live now. I got there & they were acting like they wouldn't have time to get my hair done before they closed. Apparently they close at 4pm and whoever scheduled me said 2:30 was fine, but actually scheduled me for 2pm unbeknownst to me. They said they could do my highlights in a different way where they don't go all the way to the roots (which is much faster than the normal way of doing foils to the roots) or I could reschedule for a different day. I'm like, I just drove an hour here. No I don't want to reschedule for a different day, I barely have time to make that trip once as it is. So I agreed to give this other technique a try. I don't really like how it turned out. They put in more highlights than I wanted so overall my hair is blonder than what I had intended and it looks like I have like 3 months of regrowth since the highlights start so far from the roots. The girls doing my hair kept saying how they loved it & it looked so good. But I feel like they just do that to influence my opinion. I told them I didn't really like how it turned out. They said I could come back and get it fixed for free. But that would mean finding another day to drive hours, again, and get my hair done for hours, again.

It just irritates me that I felt pressured to get my hair done a way that I didn't think I would like. That they knew it wasn't what I wanted. And that they were trying so hard to convince me that it looked good. And it would look good on someone with long flowy hair, but my hair is too short so it just looks dumb. And they were the ones who said it was fine to schedule the appointment at the time I requested. It's not like I showed up late. I would have come earlier if they had told me 2:30 was too late. So yeah, maybe I'm just stressed out from other things but I kind of feel like crying when I think about it.

Aww,I would totally feel the same as you do.Your feelings are all valid.

So I have another story. Not so much annoying as it was awkward.

There's a guy from my school that I hang out with a bit sometimes. I kind of liked him but I was definitely getting mixed signals from him. Flirty sometimes but not so much other times. The other week he invited me to go to a concert with him. Some of his other guy friends were going to come but I guess they decided they didn't want to. I didn't know if all of his friends had bailed or just some of them. Before the concert I mentioned I was going to Uber it so I could have a few drinks & not have to worry about driving. He said not to & that he could pick me up so I agreed.

Day of the concert, he texts something like "So I'll meet you there?". Ugh, fine whatever. So I get there & who else did he bring? His ex girlfriend and one of her friends, both of whom I've never met before. Oh also, he gave them a ride so I guess that's why he decided to rescind his offer of giving me a ride. So throughout the concert and the rest of the night, they get more & more flirty & are basically acting like a couple by the end of the night. And I'm just kind of like... why am I here again? Not that I expected it to be a date but I also didn't expect to spend the evening like that. And I couldn't even drink.

At least the concert was good.

Awkward. Never again.

So I have another story. Not so much annoying as it was awkward.

There's a guy from my school that I hang out with a bit sometimes. I kind of liked him but I was definitely getting mixed signals from him. Flirty sometimes but not so much other times. The other week he invited me to go to a concert with him. Some of his other guy friends were going to come but I guess they decided they didn't want to. I didn't know if all of his friends had bailed or just some of them. Before the concert I mentioned I was going to Uber it so I could have a few drinks & not have to worry about driving. He said not to & that he could pick me up so I agreed.

Day of the concert, he texts something like "So I'll meet you there?". Ugh, fine whatever. So I get there & who else did he bring? His ex girlfriend and one of her friends, both of whom I've never met before. Oh also, he gave them a ride so I guess that's why he decided to rescind his offer of giving me a ride. So throughout the concert and the rest of the night, they get more & more flirty & are basically acting like a couple by the end of the night. And I'm just kind of like... why am I here again? Not that I expected it to be a date but I also didn't expect to spend the evening like that. And I couldn't even drink.

At least the concert was good.

Awkward. Never again.

That sucks! I'd be so pissed!

My supermarket was out of MILK today. What? Every conceivable milk product option. Did the cows go on strike?

Actually besides the super market running out of bananas, they also did not have low fat yoghurt.

There is definitely something going on with the cows, a worldwide conspiracy, something along the lines like: “You don’t want my fat? You don’t get my milk!”