Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 135 of 139 FirstFirst ... 132133134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1384

Thread: What's annoying you today? Part 2

Originally Posted by Batya33
    A few weeks later - with "I totally understand if you cannot do this" the writer texted me that she hadn't heard back, was obsessively checking her email and I could I reach out again to see how long she should expect to wait to hear. She's an adult, a mom, married to a professional. Does she not know how competitive this field is? That she's so lucky she got this connection and hearing back is not at all guaranteed? I waffled a bit and then took the direct route "no I am not comfortable".
    I think in this case, you can even say something to your friend like, "I think YOU need to follow up on this YOURSELF." Seriously, her career is not going to go anywhere if she continues to be passive.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    I think in this case, you can even say something to your friend like, "I think YOU need to follow up on this YOURSELF." Seriously, her career is not going to go anywhere if she continues to be passive.
    Well I think in this case she didn't want to nudge the person but you know -you are right - she wanted me to ask my connection (not the person who received the book) how long a response takes. Nope. It's not even her career -it's an idea she had for a book, she's never written one before, and now she wants to shop it around.
    (It's kind of like the related thing where I send someone contact info for a referral they've asked for or a product referral and the response is whether I can send the website link. No...... google it yourself)

Bronze Member
    My supervisor at work

Platinum Member
    People at work who seem to think I'm there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I get messages on Saturday night at 10:30 pm, Sunday morning at 6:30 am, weekdays any time including 2 am and 11 pm. They act shocked and offended that I don't answer. They don't live there, why do they think I do???

Kim didn't show us a pic of her new dress

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    People at work who seem to think I'm there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I get messages on Saturday night at 10:30 pm, Sunday morning at 6:30 am, weekdays any time including 2 am and 11 pm. They act shocked and offended that I don't answer. They don't live there, why do they think I do???
    Right?

I had a mom text me at 7 AM on a Sunday to ask about a sippy cup. Wth buy a new one. As it turned out it was in hubby’s car. 😡

Holiday ads started even earlier this year. 🎄🎅💰

Silver Member
    I wish they would assign a dedicated area for moshing. Some of us don't want to be punched or squished to death.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    Kim didn't show us a pic of her new dress
    I need to find a way to post a picture without showing my face (or too much of my body lol).

Platinum Member
    Computer networks that randomly go down just as you're finishing a draft of a project under deadline (luckily I only lost about ten minutes of work -I save and save again like a fiend).

Give Advice
Ask For Advice