Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 109 of 138 FirstFirst ... 106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1379

Thread: What's annoying you today? Part 2

Platinum Member
    People who lack basic common sense about how to be a pedestrian/public transportation rider. For example -don't walk with your friends spanning the entire wide sidewalk, don't stop to chat at the foot of the escalator in a transit station, exit the train promptly to let the other people on at the station.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    People who lack basic common sense about how to be a pedestrian/public transportation rider. For example -don't walk with your friends spanning the entire wide sidewalk, don't stop to chat at the foot of the escalator in a transit station, exit the train promptly to let the other people on at the station.
    How about people who take up the entire isle in the grocery store...

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    Yes, that too -I check my grocery list on my phone while I shop and do my best to remember to move to the side.

Lately, life seems alot like the movie "Groundhog Day"

People who post multiple threads on the same issue, then ignore ALL the advice supporters give them! It's like "Tell me what I want to hear, not what is logical"

7. 10-09-2019, 12:18 PM

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by sunflowers2
    I can so relate! Batya how do you handle that? Like people standing at the foot of an elevator chatting on their mobile, or people blocking the supermarket aisle doing same.

I'm so bold, I will tell them straight out, "hey probably not the best place to be chatting on your cell, you're blocking others" or something like that after which they will move.

But geez, right? Have some consideration, I should not have had to tell them that.

My gripe today is folks living in flat above me, banging/clanking around, moving furniture around, dropping things (loudly), or whatever else they're doing, during all hours of the night!

I want to say "hey relax, have a glass of wine, watch a movie!" Lol

They're always moving around making noise, we all have hardwood floors and it's LOUD.

I've had to buy foam earplugs (which hurt my ears) just to get some sleep!
    I have to be mindful of safety especially if I have my child with me but I will say in as neutral a way as possible "other people have to use the sidewalk" etc. One time it was a transit employee blocking the escalator to chat up her coworker and she was offended when I said excuse me the second time to try to get on the escalator to catch my train. And I try to focus on the positives of course!

We have had the police involved, shot each other, done prison time. How do I get him back? And do not tell me to move on like everybody else does, you knuckleheads.
    People who post multiple threads on the same issue, then ignore ALL the advice supporters give them! It's like "Tell me what I want to hear, not what is logical"

I laughed reading this because it happened to me over the weekend. A young man was doing groceries and on the phone and parked his big cart right in the middle while deliberating with the person on the phone what to buy. No one could get through in both directions and the meat lady came out to restock also looking perplexed and displeased at the traffic jam.

Bronze Member
    The smoke detector in my apartment beeped for no apparent reason last night.

Platinum Member
    Parents who let their kids at our school bus stop do what I think is inappropriate/dangerous/offensive so that I have to tell my child he can't join in, often more than once, all before 7:20am (pre-coffee). Huge disclaimer -it's "annoying" - it's not "wrong" of these parents. They are entitled to let their kids do what ever seems right as long as it's not hurting my child (and 99.9% of the time it is not). I have no interest in getting involved and I tell that to my child "not my kid".

Give Advice
Ask For Advice