Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Last movie you watched?, Part 2

Ac143

I watched “Ben is Back” last night.

Wow, what a fabulous movie!! Julia Roberts gave the best performance I have ever seen!

I was a bit confused/disappointed at the end – not knowing whether Ben lived or died. I think he may have awoken, but my boyfriend believes he died.

Anyway, it’s about the very serious opioid crisis in America currently (not sure if it’s same for other countries) but it’s very very serious here.

Ben had an accident when he was 14 and his doctor placed him on pain meds, kept increasing the dosage and he became addicted, as sooo many others have become for the same reason.

Doctors doling out this stuff like it’s candy for goodness sakes.

Anyway, I won't spoil it in case you want to watch, I really enjoyed it!

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday:

what if a struggling musician woke up in a universe where the beatles never formed, and decided to pass their songs off as his original creation?

Fun. World building not quite deep enough for the premise for my tastes, and the romantic subplot stumbled a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joker

I thought it was good. I'm watching it again Sunday. Last night the guy to my left had some form of mental issue with his phone. He had to check it every minute inside his pants.

He dropped phone between the movie and was looking for it. I didn't say anything because he had some tick so it was obviously a mental problem.

Border.

I liked it a lot. Something different. And I love the idea of exploring a world with variations on the human species having survived and living here now. I've always found it fascinating how we talk so little about all the species that existed in our human family besides homo sapiens.

Anyways, they don't really go into that, but it was the closest I've seen in a long time on this theme.

The sex scene though! If you watch it, be prepared for a moment. Ha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...