Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Last movie you watched?, Part 2

Ac143

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Hunger Games

Pretty good. I read the series way back when these movies first came out. I remember that the books were great, and that the movies deviated somewhat from the story. But eight years later, I couldn't tell you how.... So, watching it now was almost like I'd never read the books, and I enjoyed it.

I'm reluctant to watch the sequels, though... I don't think I liked them as much.

You Were Never Really Here

It was a good movie but difficult to watch in some parts. I don't recommend it if anyone has triggers for child abuse or child sex trafficking. Joaquin Phoenix sure grew up in the last few years. What a hunk.

Midsommar

I was thinking of a lighthearted movie after the one above and had no idea what this was. Interesting.

The Face of Love

Great performance by Annette Bening. The plot however wasn't convincing. I felt for her and was drained watching this.

The Rhythm Section

Scottish countryside reminds me of my time in Wales and the UK. An entertaining movie and was jostled out of the emotional drama of Annette's performance nicely.

Is no one else watching movies these days? lol

A Simple Wedding

Light and fluffy, elicited a few laughs but similar to A Big Fat Greek Wedding, Persian style. Cute.

Also, I saw Deepa Mehta is coming out with a new film about a Tamil boy's coming out story. It's called Funny Boy to be released later in November. There was some controversy in the casting. Looking forward to watching it.

Manchester By The Sea

Wow. Stunning and moving. This is a work of art. I would re-watch it again. I'm keeping an eye on Casey Affleck for any upcoming movies.

The Secret: Dare To Dream

Cheesy and disappointed with Katie Holmes. Ran like a Disney movie with very poor execution of lines and predictable scripts. I know Holmes could have done a lot better than this. I thought her previous performance in the movie All We Had (2016) was powerful.

Titanic. Boyfriends idea. Kinda surprised to say the least

I've seen it so many times I almost rolled my eyes.

But the last hour really is very graphic. Filmmakers spent a lot of time and money reinacting what it would have been like. Pretty impressive.

Still good after all these years

Agreed, I roll my eyes too at the 'story' but the depiction of the ship and her final hour is quite amazing in the detail and depiction.

I'm on a Lord of the Rings fest, and finished 'The Two Towers-Extended Edition' last night. Thursday I plan to watch 'Return of the King'. Really loving going back to it, and although not as good...I'll rewatch the Hobbit Trilogy too.

Titanic. Boyfriends idea. Kinda surprised to say the least

I've seen it so many times I almost rolled my eyes.

But the last hour really is very graphic. Filmmakers spent a lot of time and money reinacting what it would have been like. Pretty impressive.

Still good after all these years

I can't watch it lol ..I have seen it here and there but wouldn't sit down on purpose to see it .....the only reason is I know how it ends ...everybody dead lol ...noooooooooooooooooooooooo

The last movie I watched was dirty dancing ...you can tell we are on top of Christmas ..Love Actually will be next

Los Amores Cobardes

Sweet movie. What a beautiful take on the passing of young loves gained and lost and all the lessons learned.

Zombie Apocalypse

As you would expect... predictable but fun. I get a kick out of the special effects.

The Neighbour's Window (short film)

It won the 2020 Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film. I was blinking back tears at the end of all the 21 minutes.