Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What is the weather right now in your city/town/village, Part 2

Seraphim

Still hot, hot, hot.

Heat wave is supposed to break just a little bit tomorrow. Today 90 Fahrenheit, 32 Celsius. Annndddd I have no AC. Neither does my son so we were both "shiny" yesterday while I was washing my clothes.

They're trimming the palm trees on my block right now. I bet those workers are hot!

• 5 weeks later...

The planet is crying out. We have done so much damage. A figurative total burn of the entire planet doesn't seem too farfetched sometimes. Start completely over with a new respect and appreciation for this world. Like in the film Time Machine, where they show the time lapse of the population being reduced to almost nothing and rebuilding in a primitive type lifestyle.

Sometimes seems like not such a bad idea...

It kinda makes my head spin as we creep into another change of season. This year is a blur. It started with having to buy more sweatshirts and warmer leggings. Being unaccustomed to working from home every day. It was cold and sometimes rainy when the pandemic started. We slowly rolled into shorts and t-shirts and now gearing up for getting my sweatshirts back out again already. Its as if time stood still, with nothing to show for it. But the seasons keep changing like clockwork.

Are you okay, bolt? You must be shaken up.

I'm fine. I'm used to earthquakes and at 4.6 it wasn't a big quake. Nothing fell down or anything. Just like wildfires we get earthquakes frequently. Part of living here!

I still think we're being sent a message from the planet though. We aren't being nice to the planet and it's fighting back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...