LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 717273747576 LastLast

Thread: The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    I do know what you mean, and actually when I was a small child I portrayed myself as a man in some of the self portrait assignments that we had in school. It probably confused the hell out of my teachers and my mom, but nobody ever gave me crap about it. I think in my innocent mind, I saw men doing the kinds things that I wanted to do, not women. Therefore, I was a man.

Over the last few years, I started re-reading a lot of the books that I read when I was a child. I was surprised to find that most of them involved a strong female protagonist. Like, brutally strong. It was a bit of a revelation because I never considered myself a feminist and in fact had deep misgivings about femininity and felt hostility towards the whole feminist movement for most of my life. But as I get older, experience has changed my understanding.

I have never watched Mad Men for exactly the reasons you describe. Just like I don't watch Jerry Springer and shows like that. I don't like to see people behave like asses. I just don't want to see it.

I have to say though, I think The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is pretty good. It was a bit of a hurdle to get past the first few episodes, but it's actually quite an interesting show. I really like the writing.

I watched the first episode of Fleabag the other day. Looks promising. I've been wanting to watch it for a couple of years, but it just finally popped up on my Prime queue.

I really loved Inside Amy Schumer when that was on. It tackled a lot of these issues and was often uncomfortable to watch. But wickedly funny.
    Yes, I can relate. I also resisted a lot of feminist takes when I was younger but I think it's because feminism has also been evolving over the years. I think people need to know that there's nothing embarrassing about being called a feminist and it's not at all about valuing one sex over another. Personally, what interests me the most are crossovers between race, class and gender norms or inequalities. Breaking down those barriers are invaluable especially in talks about inclusion and acceptance. I will check out Inside Amy Schumer. I liked her in some of her comedies but also feel a bit like some of the comedy takes are reminiscent of Margaret Cho.

I only discovered Fleabag earlier this year when I finally jumped on the Prime vid bandwagon but not so sold on any of the other movies/shows. Watched Fleabag start to finish for a week or two. Enjoyed it a lot.

I somehow got my hands on the book 'Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered' by Georgia Hardstark and Karen Kilgariff. It's a lot deeper and more intelligent than I thought it would be. I was worried it'd be another bland how-to. I read half the book in one day last week in one sitting and I haven't done that for years. I haven't heard their podcast so I've probably been living under a rock for awhile but you may have already heard about them. Very easy to read and follow and there's some wit and spunk there albeit a little exaggerated but I'm enjoying the overall messages especially to young women.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    I somehow got my hands on the book 'Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered' by Georgia Hardstark and Karen Kilgariff. It's a lot deeper and more intelligent than I thought it would be. I was worried it'd be another bland how-to. I read half the book in one day last week in one sitting and I haven't done that for years. I haven't heard their podcast so I've probably been living under a rock for awhile but you may have already heard about them. Very easy to read and follow and there's some wit and spunk there albeit a little exaggerated but I'm enjoying the overall messages especially to young women.
    Haven't heard of them, but I will check them out. The title is great.

Platinum Member
    I share my wisdom and the thread gets deleted. Ts ts ts I only give and that's the thank you! I just don't feel appreciated anymore!

Follow the troll diet. Never feed them more than a line at a time.
    Originally Posted by dias
    I share my wisdom and the thread gets deleted.

I share my wisdom and the thread gets deleted. Ts ts ts I only give and that's the thank you! I just don't feel appreciated anymore!
    Dias, the thread was not deleted because of your post. Thread was deleted because the dude was trolling.

Platinum Member
    Be kind to people. It will pay off in the long term. I know for a fact it pays off somehow.

Platinum Member
    I found a teeny tiny fish thorn in a fish finger. I almost believed for a second that fish fingers are made from fish. Meh, probably they threw a thorn to make it look more real lol.

🐟🐡🦑🐠 They are usually made from ground up chum and some stuff they swept off the floor and then breaded and deep fried. 🍤🥠🌮
    I almost believed for a second that fish fingers are made from fish.

What's a fish thorn?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    What's a fish thorn?
    Wrong word. I meant the spinal bones, the very thin ones like a "ray". I don't know how it's called in English.

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 717273747576 LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice