I'm tired of my boyfriend always being unavailable

Lovelavie

I have been with my boyfriend for a year now. In the beginning of the relationship he used to call me everyday after work, he would always be happy... Then, the calls stopped and he barely calls me, only to say something important. I understand he's earning less money than he was in the bggining so it got expensive to call me. However, he barely texts me and he does something that annoys me sooo much: at least 3 times a day he'll ignore a message of mine. I'll say something funny or something that happened to me and he'll check the message and ignore it.

I'm always the one to initiate the conversations. He used to tell me when he got out of work, when he was going to the gym, when he was going to visit his grandpa. Now he doesn't tell me anything and we only say good morning and good night barely telling each other about our days.

He's really stressed out from work, he hates his job and he doesn't get along with his business partner (I admit his partner can be really annoying sometimes). I understand all that. In fact, this weekend he even cried because of it and I've only seen him cry once before that. I understand that there are somedays we're just so busy we can't do anything we want, I have those days too, but this is every day from Monday to Friday. I never get on his nerves about anything I just hate the fact that he can't do the basic. Like, can't you take 1 minute to text me hey I'm going to the gym now. I try to make it a habit, I tell him when I'm going home and stuff but I'm sick of trying.

I also stopped calling him because EVERY TIME I call him he's busy with something. It can be noon or it can be midnight. There's always something so we always have to hang up. I just don't enjoy calling him anymore because I know all of my excitement will be over in one minute. That's when he doesn't answer me and starts being rude because he's stressed out about something. He apologizes later but the damage is already done and I feel less and less excited about including him in my day.

On the weekends when we are together he's great, I can't complain about anything really, but during the week I feel like we're not even together. I want someone to ask how my day was, I want someone to care about what goes on during the day, someone who cares about me as a whole not just on the weekends. I've told him this so many times, we even got in a fight about but he makes absolutely NO effort. If anything, it only gets worse. He'll apologize, he'll say he understands I don't deserve this, but what's the point of realising it if you don't want to change it?

I don't want to sound clingy or anything, I know girls who want attention all day and I despise that. I think it should be balanced, not too much but not too little either. I honestly don't know what to do... I love him and when we're together we really enjoy each other but I feel like it's worthless trying to make him be more caring and pay more attention to me.

Perhaps you should flip the script. Recognizing he is having a hard time at work. Do something sweet for him. Bring him lunch, rub his back, etc. put something in the relationship to get something back.

Bad advice. She is already doing too much!

Perhaps, you should take a break, until he gets his stuff together. Your relationship sounds one-sided and miserable.

You deserve more than this

Oh, I´m so sorry, because I know exactly how you feel.

Don't try so hard to make relationship work. It was my biggest mistake.

He is just talking and doing nothing. That´s the worst. I know exactly this situation.

I was always very suportive gf, who understood everything.

My ex was great, when we were together, but I had to "beg" for contacting me every day, because after 4 years he took me for granted.

My ex had so many problems, but you know what? I have realised, that texting, calling doesn´t take so much time.

If he truly loves you, he will make effort. So it his turn, not yours again.

I don't know. For me, personally, having meaningful daily communication is reserved for live-in situations. I'm not opposed to sporadic texting or a quick phone call, but I'm not setting my timer to give you an hour long phone call before bed every night. My concern isn't with you two not calling each other every night, but the fact you only hang out on weekends after a year. Are you two long distance? I'm pretty big on space, but after a year, I'd be at least meeting for dinner or some kind of date during the week on top of having the weekend.

The honeymoon phase is over and this is simply the kind of partner he is. I don't think he's being a bad guy at all. I just think you require more attention in a relationship than this guy either can't give or doesn't feel you two are at the point to give.

Don't focus on him changing and ask yourself if this is sustainable for you. If not, it's time to let him be him and for you to find someone else.

Archived