How to know if someone is good for you

jbone1973

I could do with some advice. I posted on here earlier this week as I finished with my girlfriend for the fifth time in a year. I really do love her but always have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that she's going to cause me pain and she was a nightmare at the beginning which has caused me allot of trust issues and I also ended up with a Std. If you read my first post on here there's a detailed explanation of what she was like. The problem is I really do love her and find her incredibly attractive but my gut is constantly telling me that I should run to the point where it causes me anxiety. Every time I have left she has got around me. Last week she texted me about fifty times in a day telling me how much she loves me and how she would never hurt me but for some reason I never believe her and feel like she's playing games with me. She turned up at my house a couple days after I finished it last week and I couldn't say no to her. It's like she has some kind of hold over me.

The problem is now is that I find I am getting picky with her and almost willing her to do something wrong so I have a reason to leave although I no I will be gutted. What I am struggling with is trying to work out if it's me that has issues and she is a girl that really loves me and I have trust issues or if I should listen to my gut and get away from her. It's really hard to leave someone when you love them but it's also hard to stay with someone you don't trust.

I stress about everything with this girl. When I was first with her she told me that two of the dads from the school her kids go to had come to her house to try and have a threesome with her. Now every time her kids have a party I'm wondering which of the dads she had a thing with and it drives me crazy. There was also loads of other stuff that went one which I have explained on my first post.

What i would like to know is how can you know that your making the right decision when you break up with someone. I'm worried I will regret it in months to come. It also really hard to breakup with someone you love that will not take no for an answer. She doesn't seem to understand the word know and is a very strong woman. I feel like I'm living in her shadow half the time but sometimes we do have an amazing time together. Sorry about the rambling message. It's really hard to know how to write this down.

Repeated break ups... it's now like a game (mental/emotional). Not good!

YOU breaking it off.. and her chasing you to come back..

What you two have going on is NOT a healthy relationship.. if it is a relationship, at all.

There's clearly problems going on and what you're doing is NOT solving them. Lack of trust etc is not good.

This is NOT love in my opinion, it's more like a 'lust' thing going on.

In a healthy relationship you two are compatible, you work together, you trust and enjoy each other, to the point you can and WILL work things out.

Running away, breaking it off and trust issue's is NOT a healthy relationship.

When are you going to man up.. face the facts and end it ALL. Stop playing the mental games with each other.

Fact.. you can not have one with her.. can you?

Look, the relationship is already not good. Repeated breakups, lack of trust, total anxiety? Jeez, why are you trying to force something to be there that clearly isn't?

And you know you made the right decision when a relationship is already so bad that it does nothing to enhance your life and you end up crying/anxious and upset all the time. At that point it's pretty safe to decide it won't ever get better, because relationships like that are a clear, clear loud sign you two aren't compatible. And unless one or both of you could undergo a complete personality transplant they never will be.

You can go your whole life being afraid of making the wrong decision while all along you're already doing that. Maybe some counseling to address your overall anxiety and fears would be a better use of your time than a relationship that definitely isn't enhancing anything in your life. Explore what it is you're really afraid of and address that. 'Cause it's clearly not that you're going to lose a great relationship, you don't have that and never did with this girl from the get-go.

Archived