I ran into my ex last night

So I went out with some friends last night for the first time in a long time. And, naturally the universe loves having you and your ex show up at the same place at the same time, in the most awkward way.

I was at one place and some of my friends were at another, so I said I would come and see them. Apparently while I was walking over there, my ex came in and my friend texted me, but I didn't see it until it was too late! I walked in and he's standing there looking like he saw a ghost. It was beyond awkward.

I went and talked to my friends for 5 minutes tops. I was genuinely having an awesome night, so I was laughing and stuff. My ex kept looking my way, with this weird look on his face. I finally just told those friends I was going to go ahead and go back to the other place.

This is what was most surprising to me....I didn't feel anything when I saw him. I didn't feel anxiety or attraction or really any sort of emotion, except annoyance because I knew I couldn't stay while he was there. I guess that means I'm moving on?

About 10 minutes after I left, his friend messaged me and said that my ex got sort of upset and left after I did and that he still had feelings. I must admit that I looked pretty darn hot, so that could not have been easy. I wanted to dress up so that I would feel pretty, since getting dumped can make you feel sort of ugly and unattractive.

I guess this thread is just sort of a congratulations post to me. I survived my first run in. I actually feel better about the breakup because of it. I knew the moment I saw him that I did not ever want him back. Or at least it was more evident to me. I hope you all are having a good Saturday. I have really loved the support that I have gotten here!

I think that you did just great. I can't imagine how uncomfortable and awkward that must have been. I still dread running to an ex from 4 years ago since he moved back to my city. My sister always runs to him whenever she visits the west end area, he's always hanging around crack heads and smoking. Apparently he always hangs around that area all the time.So I avoid the area like plague, I don't want to run into him. In a way you could say I still harbour hard feelings towards him but oh well

Archived