I'm currently 19 years old as of September 13th, I have been in 2 relationship in the past 9 months, they both fed me lies, cheated on me, and happily moved on... even met my parents. I currently attend college and work. But, I met this new guy online , and we've met and really clicked. Which is all out just wonderful in everyway that I desire, but, my heart is heavy and he wants us to move so quickly in this relationship. I'm under so much pressure with school and I don't want to hurt him. But, it's all to much for me. I feel a heavy weight on my heart and it's tearing at me. I use to go to media for attention, such as a bunch of guys on my Facebook and snapchat.. I don't know what's wrong with me.. I'm going to end up losing a good person, because of my indecisive heart..

Stop. You are jumping from one guy to another and are just an open wound that they are taking advantage of.

You are in college. Meet guys in person, not on line. This on line guy is trying to rush you ---huge red flag. He isn't a good person.

Go to the counseling center on campus and book an appointment. Your need for outside validation and attention should be addressed.

Life is best lived at a leisure pace.

This applies to relationships as well. Do what you are doing. Take your TIME. Do NOT get intimate and allow the guy to put in effort and time. Let him show you how much he cares about you with ACTIONS. Intimacy will often allow dogs to flourish (as you have found out). NO intimacy does 2 things: 1. it will filter dogs/boys from men and 2. it will keep you focused and not make you blind to obvious red flags.

TIME SPENT IN PERSON is the ONLY time that counts. So if you are communicating with this person over the internet, you do NOT know him. Make sure there is PLENTY of time investment in person.

Stay away from facebook/snapchat and "virtual" world. That is the direct opposite of above....keep it limited.

You also need to be strong. I know it's a lot of pressure but you have to keep your composure and be smart!!!

You're 19. You shouldn't be worrying about men, but worrying about you. Finish your schooling, pick a career, travel, learn about yourself and what you want from life, go out with friends and have some fun. Don't worry about meeting a fantastic man, pressuring yourself into things you aren't ready for because you might "miss the opportunity". Once again, you're 19, you still have plenty of time ahead of you and that time will produce so many opportunities that your head will spin.

Archived