How to get rid of negative emotions?

alldaisies

I go to the beach and watching the ocean reminds me that there are a lot bigger, more important, things than me and my mood in this wonderful world. You just become amazed at it all and any negative emotions drift away. Try going to the beach, or at least out in nature. It works very well for me.

Volunteer at the shelter, hospital or take on some other kind of public service occupation. Read self-help books that help to define you and teach you the value of life. It's so precious. Conquer tasks overdue for completion that are posted to the board in your office to give you a sense of accomplishment and self. Kick negative people to the curb. Eat foods that give you plenty of energy and not make you feel sluggish and tired. Drink plenty of water. Read more and watch less television. Indulge in things you're good at and then challenge yourself by taking on other tasks you're not used to doing. Get in shape. Live, live, live while you can.

No, but the emotions go and come. I wish I could explain better. Trust me I have tried a lot of different techniques. Maybe I am suffering so much, because I am more self-conscious, or more like me and it hurts me to revive some very crazy moments of my life, where my mental illness was affecting me to the extreme. And also, the injustices of the moment I have lived.

Thanks for your words.

The book that really helped me was The How of Happiness. It first cut down to where you needed the most help to achieve more happiness. Then you got a few exercises that were scientifically proven to be effective for more happiness in that particular aspect in your life. Overall the book has 12 exercises if I recall correctly but it urges you to do only one or two at the time.

The best thing that I learned from it is that you can't suddenly improve on every aspect of your life. You do however need to take at least one step. One step of changing one aspect in your life and you already feel better for achieving at least that one thing. And yes it is an exercise. You need to train your brain how to be happy. No depressed person is suddenly happy, they train themselves to be happy. Your brain is a muscle and just like you can train your legs to run harder or your arms to lift heavier things, you can train your brain to be happy. And just like all muscle training it is hard, challenging and tiring. You are going to want to give up. You're going to want it to be easier. But I'm sorry to say it won't be easy and you can't give up on yourself. But it does get easier to train yourself because one day youre going to start to like it.

Its been five years since I first read that book. And I'm happy as a clam. But I still need to force myself to exercise my happiness. Now we all need improvement on different aspects in our lifes so what works for me might not work for you. You need to find what exercise you're happy to do the rest of your life. Or three or four so you can change your routine up a bit. Dive in deep and I know you'll find something that will work for you. Happiness in the end becomes a way of life.

I was a happy person, even on my darkest moment, but all that has happened to me is (I do not find the word), it is extremely painful. I cannot live with that. Because is unfair and it is an injustice. Just that.

But Thanks, because I know that you are right in your subjections and also that is a positive way of see life.

Archived