Don't know where to put this. WOMAN PLEASE HELP

Maltenburg

Hey, well I need some help. I have been sick for a couple months now. It started out as loss of appetite and weight loss. I went to my Gastrointeritis and they said it was just Acid Reflux. That was about a month ago. But a little over a month ago I started getting very abnormal or random spouts of bleeding. I would think it is spotting, but it's very heavy and doesn't really last long, like it just dumped out and stopped, it is black in color. Uhm, also I have had a black discharge coming from my vagina. I have been on birth control for about 4-5 months now, I was doing really well on it and not having periods but starting last month I have had this very odd spotting. It happens like every other week for a couple days, and I don't know what to do. I am 15, I am a virgin, so no pregnancy there or anything. My mom says I should just wait until next year to go back to my gynecologist. I don't know what to do at all. I started my periods when I was 12, I had severe pain and thats why I got put on birth control. Doctors think I may have endometriosis but can't diagnose it. Another thing about my periods is they have always been black. From start to end like just black, no color to them. I always thought that was normal but just found out that isn't normal. Are there any opinions on what I should do? Thanks for reading and helping!

Poor you

Does your family doctor know about all of this? The weight loss, appetite and strange periods?

Im wondering if you're reacting to this form of birth control? Do you find your body has changed since starting them?

This needs to be discussed.. especially if it doesn't change.

Your weight loss, etc isn't a good thing.

I suggest your mom make you an apt again to go back & speak with a doctor about these issue's.

Please get checked out completely, including some sort of imaging so they can see ovaries and fallopian tubes. I'd really like for you to call your doctor and describe your symptoms directly, so that you say everything without worrying what your mom thinks. Does your school have a school.nurse?

You need to go to the doctor immediately!

Any form of unusual bleeding from the bowel or the vagina can be signs of cancer and should not be ignored.

i am astonished that your current doctor hasn't ordered tests. Please don't ignore these symptoms. They could be life threatening.

I am glad you wrote this. I was afraid to.

Well like I said in the previous replies.

1. My family doctor nor gynecologist knows about these changes, my family doctor knows about the weightloss so she sent me to a GI because I have a history of Acid Reflux

2. I do not have a school counselor to talk to about this

3. My weightloss has been a total of 35-40 pounds since May, and I was/am not overweight and still eating but not much due to the loss of appetite, I eat maybe 2 meals a day, sometimes only 1 and when I do eat it's normally fairly small.

I would also like to add whether I should call my family doctor or gynecologist about these issues?

Call both, the signs you describe are serious enough to warrant it. You have to tell everybody about all the changes you've experienced, bleeding + weight loss are not something to hide or not pay attention to. And your mom is dead wrong to advise you to wait it out, this is not something to wait out!

Call now!

Archived