Online dating success story (so far)

DrFoowangle

Well, it seems most of these cyber threads report dubious chances of success, so I figured I'd share the fact that things are going well in this case.

Jumped into OKCupid after having some bouts with loneliness while my divorce has been culminating (if you want more detail, see my other thread about having feelings for a coworker, which I've halted).

Made an online connection with a girl about a month ago based on a high level of compatibility. We talk very regularly and easily and the sexual chemistry is high. We have been on three dates now with more in the works.

In this case, the "cyber" segment of this was a great way to cut to the chase with someone and have a pretty decent idea about what they are like from the profile and feel fairly confident that you have enough in common to give it a try. That was the key weakness of my marriage- incompatibility. We were just too different, and when the infatuation faded, and the physical chemistry could no longer make up for our differences... It was a daily struggle rather than a partnership.

I'm not jumping the gun and thinking this the beginning of a serious long-term relationship, but it sure feels great and is working well so far. If nothing else, it seems like a model for how to find such a thing.

Yes, I had connections and communications with other women on the site (vice versa for her), but this one in particular has been far and away more interesting and mutual.

She knows about my pending divorce and I was open and honest about that near the beginning of our communication. She didn't freely accept the baggage, but we've discussed it maturely and she understands that it is over, despite a few lingering legalities. Meeting her has certainly inspired me to complete that process as soon as we can.

So basically, I just wanted to share that these online relationships (or ones that start out as online relationships), if based on honesty, can be successful. I went into it with no real expectations, although a bit of nervous confidence that I'm a mature, witty, and intelligent guy. If I just be myself, everything else will fall into place. So far, so good.

yes online dating can work but just like everything life,its all about timing and luck.

The thing there's so many people that are in the same town as me, or just a town over, that I will probably never run into in my every day life. Using the internet, I can kind of extend my search, and maybe meet someone new that I wouldn't have had the chance to meet otherwise..

• 1 month later...

I met my now husband a year and a half ago on OK cupid. It did seem to work out for me until i found out that he is still talking to another women he met there at the same time. LIke you said if your honest. Thats true online or off. It seems to be a little easier to be sneaky online though.. Just dont forget to delete those pesky emails...LOL

Archived