My girlfriend makes no sense

inarut

I'm going to a bachelor party today, I mentioned to my friend yesterday that I felt a little guilty going to the party and leaving my girlfriend home by herself. He really kindly said she could come. Well I told my girlfriend, and she got angry that I didn't sound as excited as she would be if the roles were reversed..... Of course it's a bachelor party so I'm not going to be as enthused, because for my friend it's his night and should be with his friends. She got sad, later last night she was asking when I would come home. I said I didn't know what would happen. Next thing I know she's crying because I didn't tell her "I don't know but I'll come home to you" she said it showed her I don't care I tell my girlfriend I love her, I'm with her everyday, we don't spend time apart. It's my best friends bachelor partie and she's upset of a truth she completely made up. Any opinions because this is bothering me

It's a bachelor party.

She has it in her head that all kinds of debauchery is going to take place. So when you weren't excited about her going she took that to mean you were disappointed that she'd keep you from fooling around with other girls or whatever.

She just wanted some reassurance that you want to be with her and wouldn't cheat on her.

Having an expectation that you'd say an exact, certain thing is a foolish way to set herself up for disappointment though.

Archived