Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex gets into rebound one day after breakup, gets name tattoo of new boyfriend

She contacted me! From her new number which I didn't have. Her message: I am very happy now but please do not contact my boyfriend to tell him about us, please don't send him messages I sent to you, don't ruin this pleaseeeeee??? ???? I answered, I have been travelling for some weeks, hope you are happy! Seems the first cracks are forming already......
    Last edited by Flabbergasted; 07-23-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Flabbergasted
    She contacted me! From her new number which I didn't have. Her message: I am very happy now but please do not contact my boyfriend to tell him about us, please don't send him messages I sent to you, don't ruin this pleaseeeeee??? ???? I answered, I have been travelling for some weeks, hope you are happy! Seems the first cracks are forming already......
    Shouldn't have bothered answering.

What is it you see as "cracks?"

Yes maybe you are right. Well, I figure, if she sends me a message, begging me to not tell her new boyfriend about me and her, and that I please do not harm their relationship, they must have had some conversation. She has probably been lying to him, like "I haven't slept with him in months" stuff like that... and she knows she sent me very sexual messages up to the day I found out about him. I haven't contacted them in any way in 6 weeks....Ah well. Best not to speculate, but I am starting to see this as a soap opera, almost fun.

Platinum Member
    Yes maybe you are right. Well, I figure, if she sends me a message, begging me to not tell her new boyfriend about me and her, and that I please do not harm their relationship, they must have had some conversation. She has probably been lying to him, like "I haven't slept with him in months" stuff like that... and she knows she sent me very sexual messages up to the day I found out about him. I haven't contacted them in any way in 6 weeks....Ah well. Best not to speculate, but I am starting to see this as a soap opera, almost fun.
    It's all fun and games until your evil twin buries you alive and usurps your identity!

Silver Member
    There is another issue with the tattoo, the guys name is the same as mine, except for 1 letter.....
    Why does this even matter?

It doesn't but in a way I find it funny

Originally Posted by Snny
    Not only did she rebound on you, but also with you. Do not get in a relationship with people who have not finalized their divorce...
    I think this is generally good advice, but not always a definite. My ex has been dating a guy for more than four months and his divorce was only finalized a month ago. I obviously don't know the inner workings of their relationship, but at least on the surface, he seems to be "over it" after the year-long divorce process. He's talked about her eventually meeting his kids, who are young, but old enough to grasp what divorce is all about and what "dad's new friend" signifies. And he's no dummy either. Well-educated; six-figure income; well-traveled. Of course, it's only been four months, but there's no indication yet that he's bailing anytime soon.

Bronze Member
    I wouldn't even lose sleep over something like that. Yeah it sucks because how she did it but look at it this way you truly see her as how she really is. She probably had him in the background the entire time and when she becomes unhappy with him she will do the same to him. Rinse recycle repeat. You dodged a major bullet.

I ran into them last evening, and wow, she looks a mess. Very very skinny, white (it is 36 degrees Celsius here, everybody is on the beach!) I hear she is drunk every day, man o man. I waved at her, she waved back, her new boyfriend who looks like a mix between a pimp and a drugdealer said hi. I just smiled and kept going. Pfffff

Silver Member
    My ex drank a lot too during the transitional phase of me to the new guy. She always had a glass of wine with dinner but wasn't getting drunk every single night like she was during this time. Burying herself with a new guy so quick and drinking herself to the bottom of the bottle aren't things that seem positive to me. My ex did the very same thing. She can say whatever she wants but I don't think anybody is worth disowning your own family, friends, and people you once cared about. Not to mention what it does to a person's reputation.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice