Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gf is going to weekend festival with guy friends. Doesn't want me to go.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Where does this stand in the scheme of things when I read some of the heart-rending threads on here.

Pippy, I know what you mean about "Narnia", heh heh

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Hermes
    Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Where does this stand in the scheme of things when I read some of the heart-rending threads on here.

Pippy, I know what you mean about "Narnia", heh heh
    hahhaah come on ..there's room for you

Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    well her friends clearly think that having you there will be a party kill for them ..and indeed the dymanics in a group of friends does change when one takes their SO with them .. as this was planned pre you and you and her are only 3 months into this I would just let it go .

Of course I have thought , does the one that is shouting the loudest have an agenda and that's why he doesn't want you to go !! but ..... he could have an agenda festival or not ..and that is only me jumping to huge conclusions .
    Thanks for your input. It's exactly what my "good cartoon angel" on my shoulder tells me, ha. But it's also not a good way of making me comfortable with her and friends relationships. It's made our relationship uncomfortable to be honest.

Dave. You can't have the roses without the thorns. That's what life is like.

True, the old "bitter without the sweet."

Plan your own weekend away with her that makes the music festival look like....kids stuff.

Platinum Member
    So what we're doing is basically risk analysis. These are the risks I've identified. You can add more if you want.

So copy the table and add: Low Medium or High to the Risk Column

Concern Risk
    She'll always put her friends before him
    [td]
    She has a crush on one of the friends
    [td]
    She'll act on said crush if it exists
    [td]

And then OP can decide what risk he's willing to accept.

Platinum Member
    the best thing you can do mate is ....just let it go ...

a lot of couples that get together find their new partners have got pre arranged trips etc planned and it is always a tadge awkward .. in many ways it is just like she has planned a girls holiday and your mind would be tripping you up wondering about that ... this is one of those things that is going to pass ... and you can both carry on .. or you can let it destroy you ..she was obviously quite happy to take you and saw no problems and she certainly has no agenda ...I know its the telling you you then can;t go ...but to put her shoes on for a minute she must of felt so stuck and in the middle ..her mates v her man ... its not easy ..we all need our mates and want to spend time with them ..we love our partners and want to spend time with them also ... on this occasion the mates only "won" because it was pre booked thats all ...dont feel rejected or hurt ..give her your blessing and you do something nice for you while she is away .

Geeze. Pppy, open that wardrobe, I want to go through as well.....

Does all this over-analyzing go on in Narnia too. L.:subdued:

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=Hermes;6318074]Geeze. Pppy, open that wardrobe, I want to go through as well.....

Does all this over-analyzing go on in Narnia too. L.

hell no ....we just dance and sing about stuff ..nice stuff

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice