Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gf is going to weekend festival with guy friends. Doesn't want me to go.

Davekin. They are her friends. What do you think is going to happen...a gang-bang? Come on...

No, I stated that I trust her. My concern is of my feelings coming last to everyone else. If I am her bf and lover, I feel I should be included with none of this drama.
    If the tables were turned I would include her regardless of what my friends think about it.

Platinum Member
    Okay - if all these people are guys, she would have her own hotel room and the guys would share, right? So how would that hurt their feelings? It would just be a matter of you sleeping with your girl, where their arrangement won't change, or is she hiding the fact they are all rooming together? I don't know about you, but if I was going to a festival with friends, I might jump at the chance to be able to split the trip more ways and it to come out cheaper for all involved.

What would bother me is that she wanted you to come UNTIL she decided their feelings would be hurt, which makes me feel one of them voiced their opinion and then she reversed her decision on you. Rather than she not inviting you because the trip was booked. its not that you shouldn't trust her - but the fact that she ininvited you to save THEIR feelings that would concern me more. If she had never invited you, that would be a different matter.

I would keep an eye on things going forward.

No one said gang-bang. And the thread is under Age Gap which is the issue. The gf is still down with the low rent music festival where 5 people share a single hotel room and live off of junk food for the weekend.

Just an interesting dynamic when she is the only female there and she is more worried about hurting the blokes feelings then finding a way to include her new guy.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by davekin
    No, I stated that I trust her. My concern is of my feelings coming last to everyone else. If I am her bf and lover, I feel I should be included with none of this drama.
    If the tables were turned I would include her regardless of what my friends think about it.
    Do you think you should be involved in all her social activities?

If she has been spending most of her time with you since you have started dating, you can not conclude that this event is showing her putting her friends needs above yours....

You are exactly on point with why I made this thread.

Geeze, life is too short for this ruminating lol.

Newsflash, Davekin. A couple do NOT have to do absolutely everything together. In fact it is a healthy sign when they do things separately as well as together.

You are exactly on point with why I made this thread.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Hermes
    Geeze, life is too short for this ruminating lol.

Newsflash, Davekin. A couple do NOT have to do absolutely everything together. In fact it is a healthy sign when they do things separately as well as together.
    Not at all. If she was going with all women, or couples, or a mix of guys and gals - he wouldn't care.

Its the fact that she invited, then disinvited to not hurt THEIR feelings. its not like "you know, i know i invited you, but we wanted to make this a girl's weekend" (if it were all girls.) or "You know, I found out that the show is sold out and there are no more tickets. I know I invited you - but I am sorry."(girls or guys), not "i don't want to hurt their feelings"

Platinum Member
    well her friends clearly think that having you there will be a party kill for them ..and indeed the dymanics in a group of friends does change when one takes their SO with them .. as this was planned pre you and you and her are only 3 months into this I would just let it go .

Of course I have thought , does the one that is shouting the loudest have an agenda and that's why he doesn't want you to go !! but ..... he could have an agenda festival or not ..and that is only me jumping to huge conclusions .

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice