Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Workout thread

happyfrank

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started with the usual lunch hour basketball for 45 minutes.

Tonight, I did a mish-mash workout of what I didn't yet get to this week (my gym is crazy busy) Whatever back and chest I did tonight is in additiona to my back and chest workout on Tuesday.

Deadlifts: Warm-up at 225lbs for 8, then 245lbs for 5, 265lbs for 3 and 285lbs for 1. (Maxed at 300 1.5 months ago but took some time off from it due to back pain from trying to add to the leg press. Will try for a 315 max in about six weeks.)

Incline Leg Press: 450 plus what the sled weighs (80, I think?) 5 sets of 8

Seated Row: 3 sets of 8 at 130

Wide grip pull-ups- 3 sets of 5 (I was smoked)

Ab-crunch machine-5 sets of 10 at 130

Dumbbell chest press on the flat bench: 4 sets of 10 with 55s

According to the fitness tester at work I'm currently:

6 feet 3.5 inches tall, 183.7lbs. 12% body fat.

Blood pressure was 116/74 (shortly after a not-healthy snack) and heart rate was at 75 beats per minute.

Core flow yoga today, god this class is brutal and the instructor is insane, but it's caused me to begin developing a lovely six pack, and those weird side muscles (Obliques?) right above the hip, so that's good.

obliques are my favorite hehe, I got them after a lot of yoga and weighted sidebends. (if you want sidebends to be effective...you need to go heavy weight and focus on the eccentric movement)

Back in the gym after quite a hiatus...

Yesterday was Shoulders/Legs

Today, possibly some Chest and mostly cardio

obliques are my favorite hehe, I got them after a lot of yoga and weighted sidebends. (if you want sidebends to be effective...you need to go heavy weight and focus on the eccentric movement)

You know...I don't like 'em! Not on me, anyway.

I think they look super hot on men though. My BF thinks they look good on me, but I will not be doing extra exercises to build-up my obliques any more than they are at this point!!

Archived