Going through a ton

Had my IUD removed and still bleeding, 8 weeks now, including the 3 before the removal. July 7th, I go for ultrasound, biopsy, and then the fun begins.

I felt like I was going to die, protein shakes, poweraid, and now iron and vitamins are giving me energy to get by. My daughter asked me not to die, I told her it probably wouldn't kill me just makes me feel bad right now.

This really sucks though.

I'm mostly worried about getting a hysterectomy, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but fear it might. Not sure why it bugs me because I can't really do the kid, baby thing again, I'm so far from stable even at my age I really have lost hope on bettering my life, but still wish I could have one.

I'm mostly worried about getting a hysterectomy, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but fear it might. Not sure why it bugs me because I can't really do the kid, baby thing again, I'm so far from stable even at my age I really have lost hope on bettering my life, but still wish I could have one.

Big ((HUG)) to you, Jetta. I can only speak for myself when I tell you that the surgery was one of the best things that ever happened for me. The only regret I've had ever since is that I didn't know how much it would enhance my life and how liberated I'd feel afterward--and that I didn't do it sooner.

After all those years of suffering and adjusting my 'normal' to accommodate feeling lousy and tired, the cramping, the bleeding--until it got to the point where I thought I must have a thyroid problem or a horrible disease only to be told that unless I started mega doses of iron right away, I'd need to be hospitalized--I finally felt like a healthy and vibrant human being. Right away!

Sure, I needed to heal from the surgery, but it was small potatoes and easy to do because the relief was so huge I was already doing massive exercise programs in my mind from the gate. I had no pain except for in my chest where I had gas pressure from my stomach. This made eating a bit of a chore for a while, but I was such a happy camper with a new lease on life--every problem became a nit to me.

My only suggestion: skip pain pills. You will likely not even need them, and they are highly addictive. I had to chart myself off of them, and I suffered terrible withdrawal between doses until I sweated myself clean. They were unnecessary.

I never had children. I hope you will focus on the beauty and wonder of your daughter and recognize that you can choose to turn this into a transformative experience that can change your whole perspective and can buy you a whole new healthy and energized future that you couldn't have fathomed before. It's a decision.

Head high.

This must be scary for you and then to have it scare your daughter enough that she told you that. *hugs* I hope you can with the help of your doctor get this set right for you... 8 weeks is too long for that to be continuing on. Good luck on the 7th of July.

Yes, I'd definitely phone the Doc if your bleeding doesn't subside quickly. One of the reasons they can't perform surgery right away is that you need to build your iron stores first in order to endure the procedure and to heal from it. If you bleed too much, you're depleting your iron, and if your level falls too low, they'll need to postpone the operation until you raise that.

So be a royal pain in the butt to ensure that your bleeding is properly managed. Phone to report on this, get instructions, and phone again and again until they'll see you if the bleeding doesn't stop when they say it should.

It's stopped one day returned, now very light but still need a pad spotting. I do feel weak today. Despite taking everything.

Thank you for sharing about your experience. My mom had one, but she was really done with the kid thing, aside from raising us. I need to be done but don't want to be. I'll do what's medically necessary though, even my husband is telling me the perks, no more messy periods.

Archived