Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

would you want to have memories of your ex erased from your mind forever?

klementine

i saw the movie "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" with jim carrey and kate winslet a few months ago and it really hit home with me in an unexpected way. although me and my ex had some good years together and we shared some awesome memories, it's these very reasons that i wish i could be like clementine in the movie and have my mind completely erased of all and every memory that i have of my ex. even though i broke up with him because he has some serious emotional issues and npd, i still miss the good times we had together, the hugs, the times we cuddled, the times we played on xbox for hours and hours and other happy times - and now that he's out of my life forever, my heart still hurts and misses him (especially now that he's already in a new relationship after only 8 months of us being broken up and i have no interest of even looking at another guy), which is why i wish i could have all of my memories of him erased. if these memories could be erased from my mind, then my heart wouldn't hurt...and i wouldn't miss him, at all. it'd be easier for me to move on with my life and to possibly meet someone new without having to wait for these memories and for my heartache to go away with the natural course of time.

if you had the chance to erase ALL memories of your ex from your mind, would you do it?

In someways I agree with you, but in other not so much.

Life would be so much easier if you could take away the bad, thoughts, vibes, people and memories. But would you really want to do all that??? Life wold be boring, mundane and lifeless, you wouldn't grow, nor have strength and have no experiences of how to deal with closure.

Klementine I tried to PM you early but could not as it was not a function on your profile. If you can send me one if you want to talk as I think we have had some of the very same issues and could help each other a bit.

Keep growing from the bad, don't change the person who you are or the good nature you have within you all because of one person or many.

Cheers

Archived