am i going crazy?

kasop

I just got out of an emeshed relationship. I was so hurt beyond belief that I have started seeking help through literature and blogs.I have Been reading about dependency, Personality disorders, relationship, personal boundaries and so on. I've been obsessively reading the past 3 weeks. My relationship was disatrious and so was the one before that one. I never want to feel that pain again. I've started ranting about what I've learned to my friends. I'm starting to feel like I'm going crazy over all this. Is this normal? I now know I a have a strong codependency problem now and I'm working on myself as hard as I can. Any advise out there I'm starting to feel worn out about all this

You are not crazy, sounds you have realized certain areas in your life need improvement. First you identify your issues, and then find a way to improve, it will long journey, but it is worth to do for yourself.

Find a good life coach /therapist or group on meetup are good ideas, as your grow, you want have support.

You are worn out emotionally. My mother always says, "You can cheat through a lot of situations but you can never cheat yourself." You need a VACATION nowhere far I would go by myself to the beach or take a single female girlfriend ( someone not just getting out of a bad relationship themselves). Go do something you enjoy whatever it is! After that you need to sit down and begin eliminating your problems and bad habits (if any). This whole dating thing is about self love and self worth.

You're all right. Sense my breakup I've felt like I have a hole and I've been trying to fill it with knowledge. But I can't seem to fill it. I do need a vacation I'll probably go hiking this weekend. Thank you for the replies friends.

You feel like you're going "crazy" because of all the mixed emotions flowing through you. But I have good news for you: you are human, and your reaction is completely normal.

It seems like you are looking for greater control over your emotions in order to avoid being hurt again. The day will come when you will want to open your heart again, and working on yourself now can only prepare you in a positive way. Please be careful, however and do not build up too much of a "wall" where you cannot let anybody in. I ask you not to shut your emotions off, because I have been there and it is very glum and dark.

Self-help therapy is great, because you will retain the things that resonate with you and your personality. No one book or counselor can tell you exactly how to think or feel, because it is all up to you and what makes you happy. So exploring a wealth of resources is an excellent way to get yourself grounded.

Take your time, don't try to change everything at once, and make sure that your self-love and self worth are a constant.

Archived